Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: need to select SD card on EVERY restart?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    14

    need to select SD card on EVERY restart?

    I'm running a Motorola G6 GForge, Android Pie. I use my SD card to store my podcasts.

    EVERY TIME I restart my phone, the download location resets to internal storage and needs to be reset to the SD Card.

    Can this be fixed so that the download location is "sticky" and doesn't change on reboot?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    14
    Could I get a response from the Beyondpod Team? It's been almost a week.

  3. #3
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by kweiske View Post
    Could I get a response from the Beyondpod Team? It's been almost a week.
    Hello,

    I apologize for the delayed response. The default storage location for BeyondPod is the Internal Storage and is recommended as external SD cards can cause issues that we cannot control. Please visit beyondpod.com and click on the "Support" section. There are a few help pages for troubleshooting external SD cards.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

    I apologize for the delayed response. The default storage location for BeyondPod is the Internal Storage and is recommended as external SD cards can cause issues that we cannot control. Please visit beyondpod.com and click on the "Support" section. There are a few help pages for troubleshooting external SD cards.
    Thanks for responding, but neither your response nor the support sections address my question - is there a way to make the choice between internal and external storage "sticky" between reboots?

    IMO, offering an option for external storage is a must-have for a podcast client for serious listeners. Offering an external storage option and then steering people away from using external storage because it doesn't work as well is worse than not offering an external option.

    I've been a paid user for years, and it's only recently that I've had to reset the storage location on each reboot.

  5. #5
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by kweiske View Post
    Thanks for responding, but neither your response nor the support sections address my question - is there a way to make the choice between internal and external storage "sticky" between reboots?

    IMO, offering an option for external storage is a must-have for a podcast client for serious listeners. Offering an external storage option and then steering people away from using external storage because it doesn't work as well is worse than not offering an external option.

    I've been a paid user for years, and it's only recently that I've had to reset the storage location on each reboot.
    Please send your logs for development to take a look at your data for any clues:
    To send log files, go to BP Settings>> Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner) >> View Logs >> Choose the logs "Android" and "BeyondPod" (these steps will need to be taken for each log separately) >> Menu overflow >> Email.

    Please make sure to include a brief description of your issue with each log so development knows what report to match your logs to.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Please send your logs for development to take a look at your data for any clues:
    To send log files, go to BP Settings>> Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner) >> View Logs >> Choose the logs "Android" and "BeyondPod" (these steps will need to be taken for each log separately) >> Menu overflow >> Email.

    Please make sure to include a brief description of your issue with each log so development knows what report to match your logs to.
    Just sent - thanks for looking into this.

  7. #7
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    890
    Just to try and collect any additional information for the development team.... Are there any other users out there that use an external SD card and have an issue with needing to select the download path to be the SD card every time they reboot their device?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Just to try and collect any additional information for the development team.... Are there any other users out there that use an external SD card and have an issue with needing to select the download path to be the SD card every time they reboot their device?
    To provide context on this issue, I had to reboot my phone last night. I forgot to change BeyondPod to download to the SD card, and when BP did it's scheduled download this morning, BP re-downloaded 500 megabytes of podcasts to my internal storage that were ALREADY on the SD card.

    When I switched the storage location back to the SD card, it copied all of the duplicate podcast episodes to the SD card, overwriting the existing episodes.

    Neither AntennaPod or Podcast Addict have this issue, nor do they advise against using the SD card as storage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •