Thread: Android Auto "Getting your selection" error with BeyondPod

Android Auto "Getting your selection" error with BeyondPod

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone else has experienced this. In the past few weeks I am frequently having issues with AndoidAuto failing to find podcasts in BeyondPod, and will just display "Getting your selection". It never does.

The problem seems to be triggered by: listening to a podcast, or part of a podcast in the car. I disconnecting the phone, finish off the podcast elsewhere, delete it, and start listening to something else. When I next re-connect the phone to the car, AA seems unable to handle the fact the podcast that was playing when last connected is no longer there and a different one is in the playlist. It doesn't detect that BP has a different podcast playing, not does it present me the 'feeds' to select, like it used to. It just displays "Getting your selection", from which I cannot progress.

All other apps seem to be working fine, just BP frequently is unusable in the car now. Sometimes rebooting the phone helps, but not always. I use a Huawei P20 lite.

Thanks.

Happening to me now.. not sure.. just spins on the screen.. on Android 9, Samsung Galaxy S9, BeyondPod version 4.2.41.
    DrWeb

Quote Originally Posted by drweb View Post
    Happening to me now.. not sure.. just spins on the screen.. on Android 9, Samsung Galaxy S9, BeyondPod version 4.2.41.
    DrWeb
    I'm having the same issue.

Intermittent. Sometimes, I pick from menu, another app that usually has worked well, then back to menu, pick BP again. Often works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Don't know what the problem is...

Agreed. Sometimes changing to a different program and back works, but not always. The thing that I've found to consistently work is hitting "play" on the phone (at which point it starts playing, but the AA controls don't work), *then* switching to a different program on Android Auto (like Youtube Music), and then switching back to BeyondPod (sometimes that last step isn't needed; it just switches itself back instantly).

All of this on the latest beta, so it's not like that helped at all.

I have the same problem too, I'll try your tip thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by avensis; 12-02-2019 at 05:09 AM.

Same error here. V4.2.41 on Samsung Galaxy S10+ running Android 9.

Same error, I thought I was the one, any solution for it or not yet ?

ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro
    Last edited by escobarrr; 11-28-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Same in 42 beta... 4.2.32 works great