Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pebble watch integration

Pebble watch integration

I (along w/ 80k others) have a pebble watch on pre-order. Would absolutely love to see playback controls integrated with it..

http://getpebble.com/

-mark

Any news on this, just got my pebble but doesn't control or give any information on the tracks.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I don't know much about the Pebble, but I suspect there's probably a Pebble app that you need to install on the phone so that the Pebble can be treated as a headset (using the AVRC profile) to control playback, and which can get information from the Media Player and display it on the watch.

Specific changes to the BeyondPod app shouldn't be necessary for this level of support.

Julie

There is a pebble app that handles these things, but it doesn't work with Beyondpod, it controls my music player, and it works with the trial of Doggcatcher, but not Beyondpod. So i think something needs to be updated in the app.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Are you using the built-in player in BeyondPod (which is the same thing that Google Music uses, so there should be no difference in operation there), or have you got BeyondPod set up to use an external player?

Julie

BeyondPod halfway works with my pebble. After setting BP as my preferred music app in the Pebble App I can go to the music function on my pebble and controls work as expected (though the pebble seems to be incapable of sending long/double click). BP is not however feeding back information regarding the "track" it is playing. The track being listed is the last track I played in Google Music.

Yeah, I am seeing the same thing.
    I was excited that the release notes for 3.1.16 might be hinting that this would now work, but I see no change after upgrading. :-(

BeyondPod Team
    Keep in mind that the new Music Player emulation in 3.1.16 currently works only if scrobbling is enabled in the advanced BeyondPod settings. Can you verify that in BeyondPod, Settings > Menu > Advanced Swttings > Scrobble Episodes is checked. Once enabled it should behave loke Google Music. Unfortunately I don't have a Pebble watch to try it, but assuming it uses the same mechanism as other similar apps (like the Sony watch) this should work. If it doesn't we just have to do some experiments to figure out what exactly Pebble expects.

That did it. I did not install Scrobble Droid, and don't use last.fm (which is why I didn't have the option on before. The test for that option seems to suggest that I need them.)

It seems that BP only sends the broadcast when an episode starts.

I.e., The watch was showing data from Google Music.
    I started playing something in BP.
    I turned on that option.
    Pebble did not change.
    Then it finished playing the podcast I was on and then started the next one.
    Then the pebble showed the new data.

Yay!

Seems like it is working!! Woohoo!
    Maybe that setting should be renamed, since it seems to have usefulness unrelated to Scrobble.

Thanks.

BeyondPod Team
    Thank you for the feedback.

The requirement to enable scrobbling is just temporary. Once we confirm that it is working ok for everybody, it will be enabled by default (there will be no need t turn on scrobbling).