Thread: Player pauses on Alta HR watch bluetooth disconnect

Player pauses on Alta HR watch bluetooth disconnect

My phone (Galaxy S8, BP v4.2.41) is happily playing my podcast to a bluetooth speaker (thank you BeyondPod). If I walk away from the phone and speaker, the player pauses. This happens when I am sufficiently far away from the phone that my fitbit Alta HR watch disconnects from the phone. I really appreciate the "Pause on Headset Disconnect" feature of BP, but would really like it to ONLY STOP when a speaker is disconnected, not when another type of bluetooth device (such as a fitbit) goes out of range. It's really annoying that I have to also take off my fitbit just to keep my music playing on BP.

Would really appreciate knowing when the BP dev team think they will be able to limit the "Pause on Headset Disconnect" to ONLY headsets and not all bluetooth devices.

It's been an ongoing issue for over a YEAR now, the last official word we got was blaming Samsung software for most of the issue....which it obviously isn't the only root cause.

Thanks for that - I find it extremely unlikely that this is a Samsung issue since all my other players (poweramp, podcast addict, google music) correctly stop playing on speaker disconnect, and do not get interfered with by the Alta HR. I conclude that the BP algorithm for stopping is simply incorrect compared to the correct one! I'm currently moving to podcast addict because of this issue - it looks pretty fully featured and seems well supported and updated, unlike BP. Shame - I was a long time use of BP but like many others on the forum that's going to stop soon.