Thread: Player is automatically pausing

Player is automatically pausing

After several years of reliable performance on several different phones my Beyond Pod player has started pausing itself shortly after the lock screen appears or I switch to another app screen.

The only way I found to keep it from doing this is to keep the Beyond Pod screen open and tap the phone intermittently to prevent it from locking.

I'm running BeyondPod on a Samsung Galaxy 9+ with the latest version of Android.

Any thoughts?

Jonathan

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathantroll@gmail.com View Post
    After several years of reliable performance on several different phones my Beyond Pod player has started pausing itself shortly after the lock screen appears or I switch to another app screen.

The only way I found to keep it from doing this is to keep the Beyond Pod screen open and tap the phone intermittently to prevent it from locking.

I'm running BeyondPod on a Samsung Galaxy 9+ with the latest version of Android.

Any thoughts?

Jonathan
    This seems to be an Android setting that is putting the app to sleep when the device screen is not active. You will need to change your device settings to allow BP to stay awake.

Settings>device care>battery>beyond pod> then turn off "put app to sleep"**

Now, the above only seems to fix the issue if you are listening directly on the device but it doesn't seem to fix the issue when listening through bluetooth, so developers are collecting information to find a fix for that specific situation. If this relates to you, please send your logs for development to take a look at your data:

To send log files, go to BP Settings>> Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner) >> View Logs >> Choose the logs "Android" and "BeyondPod" (these steps will need to be taken for each log separately) >> Menu overflow >> Email.

Please make sure to include a brief description of your issue with each log so development knows what report to match your logs to.