Thread: Android Auto, appears to be clearing playlist?

Cool Android Auto, appears to be clearing playlist?

I'm on a Galaxy S9, Android 9, BeyondPod 4.2.41. I listen to podcasts in my Honda SUV with Android Auto, and except for the "getting selection error" (see other thread), it mostly works. Sometimes pauses and then resumes, but not a long or huge delay mostly.
    I'm posting today because of an odd new problem, not sure but seems it started a month or so ago.

I've listened to some podcasts, and disconnect the phone from the car, go inside home. When I open BeyondPod later, all my playlist is removed. There should have been items there I didn't listen to.
    I use a cache cleaning app, AppMgr III, v. 4.93, so I wonder if when I clear cache(s), usually daily, I might be removing the playlist somehow. Is it stored in cache?
    I tried setting cache cleaning for BeyondPod to ignore list, so it doesn't clean the cache on that app, so I'll see if that helps.

I've checked my settings, and nothing there should be doing this.
    Any tips or anyone else experiencing this, too?

Best,
    DrWeb

That's a problem I've never had/seen. Why use the cache clearing app at all? It's definitely not benefiting a modern operating system for performance, and I doubt it's bringing any meaningful storage back to your phone since it will just have to spend CPU cycles creating the caches again and filling that space back up.

Try uninstalling it for a while, you'll both prove that it was/was not the issue and also see if you can really tell the diference on your phone without it.

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    That's a problem I've never had/seen. Why use the cache clearing app at all? It's definitely not benefiting a modern operating system for performance, and I doubt it's bringing any meaningful storage back to your phone since it will just have to spend CPU cycles creating the caches again and filling that space back up.

Try uninstalling it for a while, you'll both prove that it was/was not the issue and also see if you can really tell the diference on your phone without it.
    Good advice.. I will try that, thank you.. I removed a link to clear cache, and seems better. But, you make a good point, why even have that anymore?

Best,
    DrWeb

Let us know how it goes!

The tweak in settings for the app did the trick; I marked to IGNORE the cache in the AprMgrIII app, and no problems with missing or losing the playlist. Hurray!!!

Thanks for the help!
    DrWeb