Thread: Help with managing episode download location

Help with managing episode download location

Hello - I recently updated to an EVO 4G LTE on ICS from the EVO 3D, and am having trouble with my downloaded podcasts being stored in the internal storage rather than my SD card (specifically, they are going to the "Gallery" folder). On my 3D, I had a BeyondPod folder on the external SD, and everything worked perfectly, but I am having trouble resolving this issue now. I have tried entering a specific path in the Advanced Settings, but with no success. Help!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I had problems with that too, when I switched to the SGSIII. The problem was that I already had Lock to Current path ticked on my old phone (which actually wasn't necessary, as it was called /mnt/sdcard anyway, since the old one didn't have any internal storage by that name).

To recover, first of all, make sure that "Lock to current path" in the advanced settings is NOT ticked, and then completely exit BeyondPod (Menu, More, Exit BeyondPod). NB: The episode download path (if you use it) should be in the form /mnt/<name-used-for-external-card>.

Then use any file manager to move the BeyondPod folder from your internal (/mnt/sdcard) storage to your external card (mnt/<name-used-for-external-card>. Make sure that the BeyondPod folder on the internal storage has completely gone. If your external card is called extSdCard, you should now have /mnt/extSdCard/BeyondPod, with all of BP's subdirectories under it.

Restart BeyondPod. It should find the BeyondPod folder on your external card. If it has, go back to advanced Settings, confirm that the path shown in the "Episode Download Path" setting is really your external card, and if so, tick the "Lock to current path" setting again.

That should fix it.

Julie

Okay, now I'm really confused. I'm not showing a "lock to current path" option (see screenshot attached), but in tinkering a little, I found that only three podcast's episodes are going to the phone storage (not internal). I have no idea why, and there is no "BeyondPod" folder on the internal memory. The only BeyondPod folder on the phone is located on the SD card, but for some reason these three podcasts are going to phonestorage/gallery, while others are going to the SD card2012-07-16 20.57.20.jpg.

I am SO CONFUSED.

BeyondPod Team
    Follow Julie's instructions but in the current market version 'locked to current path' is called 'download path is removable'.

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Follow Julie's instructions but in the current market version 'locked to current path' is called 'download path is removable'.
    Done, still seeing those three going to phone storage. I've tried unsubscribing/resubscribing, looking for conflicting folders, everything I can think of. The only other thing I can think of is uninstalling and starting all over, but I'd like to avoid that.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    It sounds as though there's some sort of file system corruption going on there, though quite how it got like that, and how to fix it (other than a Factory Reset) is a mystery.

Well, I gave up and started from scratch, which seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks everyone!