Thread: Using SD Card Issues

Exclamation Using SD Card Issues

I have followed all steps I can find on here but BeyondPod won't use my external SD card to save podcasts. I went into advanced settings and changed the path (it says it's available). I also checked that it's removable. I then closed out the program entirely and moved the folder to the external SD card. When I start the program back up it just creates a new folder on my internal SD card and ignores that I have manually set the download path. When I specified my external SD card I used the following path: /mnt/extSdCard/ as this is what it is on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Any idea why the program is not recognizing that I have told it to use this folder? Am I not doing something right? Let me know!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    What version are you using? As of beta version 3.0.20, BeyondPod knows what path Samsung uses for the external card on the SGS3. It's certainly working on my own one. If you're using an earlier version, you should find that updating will fix it.

Julie

Okay I am trying the update now so we shall see.

And bingo the beta version fixed the problem. Am not running off saved episodes from the external sd card! Thanks a lot!

Samsung change the mount point for the ext sd all the time between android versions and probably models as they see fit, best to use a file explorer like astro and find/copy and paste the path.
    Nexus 4| The L Preview | BP evo

BeyondPod Team
    But BP keeps up with the changes. It knows the new path from beta 3.0.20 onwards

I read it that he is using the SGS3 path on a different device.
    Nexus 4| The L Preview | BP evo

BeyondPod Team
    Ah, yes. Good point - I'd missed that. But the same is true - generally speaking, you simply need to put the BeyondPod folder where you want it (internal or external), and DON'T tell BeyondPod where to find it. BeyondPod will generally work it out for itself. Only if it doesn't (because it hasn't added the path for a new device that uses something different) do you need to force it.

That way, next time you change devices, you can leave BeyondPod to work it out again, without having to change your settings.

Julie