Thread: Archived episodes

Archived episodes

What causes some downloaded or listened to shows go to the bottom of the list under ARCHIVED and not others? And is there a way to stop this?

I would like to know also

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I'll get confirmation of this, but I think that Archived items in the feed in BeyondPod are episodes for which the entry in the online feed has been removed.

So it's possible to do an update and download an episode that's included in the feed.
    Later, the feed publisher removes (or replaces) the details about that episode.
    You then do another update, and the episode is no longer in the feed, so it is marked in BeyondPod as Archived.

Julie

Ok because after it archives an episode it will then redownload the episode,

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Actually, I think it's the other way round. e.g. for the feed I looked at, I had 2 copies of one particular episode, and on further inspection, the file sizes were different and it was clear that the newer version had replaced the older one a couple of days later (and because the older one was no longer in the feed, it had been moved to the Archived section).

So it's not that fact that it was archived that caused a new download; it was the fact that updated information in the feed replaced the previous information, so a new copy was downloaded (because the feed said it was a new episode) and the old version was no longer in the feed, so became Archived in BP.

Julie

Oh I never looked that close, just the names.