Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Re-add all (included played) from feed to playlist?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by Milesey View Post
    I've now changed all my other feeds (about 20) to untick "Save Played Position" and this is now working just as I wanted. New episodes get added to the rebuilt SmartPlay and the old episodes are still able to be played.

Thanks Julie, that's a great result! Looks like I can ditch the iPhone at last :-)
    You're welcome

Kitkat folder location change

OK, so I finally moved all my MP3's to a local drive on my computer and let beyond pod move the podcast folder to the H:\Android\data\mobi.beyondpod\files\BeyondPod\Pod casts folder as it appears in windows but it didnt move, the original files still exist at H:\BeyondPod\Podcasts and so i have to delete them to make space for my mp3's.. I hope this isnt what everybody gets in this circumstance?
    Last edited by eddiespageddy; 05-19-2014 at 01:23 AM.

BeyondPod Team
    BeyondPod can't delete the originals at H:/BeyondPod because it doesn't have write access to the folder under KitKat. That's why the files had to be put in a folder it CAN write to.

If your device has a manufacturer's file manager, that will be a system app, and may be able to delete the old BeyondPod folder. Otherwise you can delete it using your PC.

Having said all that, I'm not sure how KitKat handles folders external devices, and you will probably also get problems with BeyondPod any time you're not at home and can't access the H:\ drive. BeyondPod works on the assumption that the location for your files is always accessible on the device (i.e. built-in storage or an SD card).

I really should focus on details, i know better..
    I used a USB adapter to move extra files from the Micro SD card to my windows pc, I just copied it's file path for the seperate instances of Beyond pod storage to show the different file structures; i should have seen that including the H: reference could add to confusion.

Anyway, the option in Beyondpod did offer to _MOVE_ the folder to the new location, that does imply removing the old files. maybe an update to say that they will be copied to the new location and al alert that the user will have to remove the leftover files would be helpful? I figured it out but i thought the move didn't happen because all my calendar alerts were going off and that somehow interfered with completing the move...

Thanks again! I have all my podcast's' safe and sound in their new location and backed up by manual copy now..

-eddiespageddy

BeyondPod Team
    Good point. Unfortunately the same dialog is used for instances where files CAN be moved, rather than just copied.

Unless I'm mistaken, you DO get a warning that BP can't delete your files on KK when changing the SD path, but I know people don't always read them.

I'll see if it's possible to say COPY instead of MOVE in this instance (or at least change the wording to "move/copy").

Julie