Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BETA version 4.3.0 is now available!

I've identified my double arrow issue.
    It seems to be a playlist problem.
    Since updating to android 10, there is no default playlist setting that works as before in 4.3.0. Before updating to 10, when I had downloaded more than 1 episode of a podcast, there would be all the episodes, and they would play from oldest to newest and I could skip with the double arrow until only 1 episode was left as shown in the total.
    Now the only way to achieve that option is to build a smart playlist for every different show.
    I can not seem to utilize the default playlist option anymore.
    I've even deleted 4.3.0 and reinstalled it, re-adding all my podcasts to no avail.

Oneplus 7t running stock latest Android 10.

Scheduled downloads not working.
    I have a schedule to refresh each morning at 7am. It doesn't matter if the phone is awake and connected to wifi the download doesn't start. Pull to refresh works fine.

Homescreen widget doesn't play. I'm guessing android is killing something in the background, but the play button on the widget very rarely starts play after phone goes to sleep and is then unlocked, have to open app to play. Then the widget works fine until phone sleeps again.

Thanks for the update.

I can second KalleK's issue.
    When casting, BP will return to the position that it started at previously. I thought it was just when BP was the focused App, but when you bring BP back up, you can see that previous position and it restarts from that point. For instance, if I'm starting the episode at 05:34:09, I can listen for a few minutes, but then when I wake up the phone and/or go back into the app, the player goes right back to that previous timestamp.

Pixel 2 here on current 4.3 beta.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunlibra View Post
    I can second KalleK's issue.
    When casting, BP will return to the position that it started at previously. I thought it was just when BP was the focused App, but when you bring BP back up, you can see that previous position and it restarts from that point. For instance, if I'm starting the episode at 05:34:09, I can listen for a few minutes, but then when I wake up the phone and/or go back into the app, the player goes right back to that previous timestamp.

Pixel 2 here on current 4.3 beta.
    @Cajunlibra and @KalleK
    Development would like for you to provide detailed steps you take that lead you to this Chromecast issue as well as screenshots/photos. Also, what Android OS are both of you using? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by adamlopresto View Post
    The "Hide Played" and "Mark All Played" options inside a feed also aren't working.
    I can replicate this on Pixel 3 XL with Android 10. Similarly, choosing "Show Played" from a feed list does not work, either. I can also replicate the double-notification bug, if that helps.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the play/pause button on the widget no longer seems to work (regardless of whether BP is already open or not). I don't think I've seen that mentioned in this thread yet, but apologies if that is already a known bug.
    Last edited by quiller; 03-23-2020 at 09:16 PM.

On previous versions that worked with Chromecast, I was able to cast from my phone, but now it only works if the episode can stream online.

I'll stay on my actual version, I won't go for the beta one this one, I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by quiller View Post
    I can replicate this on Pixel 3 XL with Android 10. Similarly, choosing "Show Played" from a feed list does not work, either. I can also replicate the double-notification bug, if that helps.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the play/pause button on the widget no longer seems to work (regardless of whether BP is already open or not). I don't think I've seen that mentioned in this thread yet, but apologies if that is already a known bug.
    I have all of these bugs on oneplus 7, android 10.

Updating to 4.3.0 seems to have broken integration with Tasker (on OnePlus 7T, latest Oxygen OS). The 3rd party commands (eg. start smart play) no longer appear to do anything. Sending an API intent, eg. mobi.beyondpod.command.UPDATE_SMART_PLAY don't seem to do anything, although I might have set that up wrong.

More annoyingly, re-installing 4.2.42 hasn't fixed it. Any way to reset the connection between apps? Or re-grant permissions or something?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    What device and Android version are you using? We did not experience notification issues when testing. I will pass information on to the development team for future releases.
    I have this on my Pixel 4, latest version of Android 10.

Quote Originally Posted by mlodyulek View Post
    Update feeds from the smartplay menu is not working as well
    Yup, bit of a deal breaker for me this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mart1nS View Post
    Scheduled downloads not working.
    Massive deal breaker.