Thread: Sleep timer not working

Sleep timer not working

I updated the app (first time in a few years) and am experiencing a few issues. The biggest one is that the sleep timer no longer works. It looks like the timer get suspended when my screen goes dark. So, if I set the sleep timer to, say, 15 minutes and don't interact with my phone, the timer will go down to 13 minutes and stay there until I activate the screen again.

I also noticed that the action button my bluetooth headphones no longer works when the screen is dark. I used to be able to start and stop a podcast by just picking up my headphones and clicking on the button. Now I need to first activate the screen on my phone for this to work.

It's an old phone (HTC M8) running an old version of Android (5.0.2).

Hmmm, probably there is a bug with a new update version. I had a similar issue with my HTC on a previous update of a program. If you can come down to a previous version do it, it should help. Later today when I get back to my flat in Greece here I will send you a message with more options that should work in your case.
    Last edited by Kiblot; 07-31-2020 at 10:58 AM.

I'm a little embarrassed to report this, but the problem has gone away. Not sure what has changed, but the sleep timer is working now. I guess I just have an old phone with an old version of Android, and I need to expect a little flakiness.
    Kiblot: Thanks for your offer of assistance.