Thread: Using Tasker to update playlist not working

Using Tasker to update playlist not working

Has something changed with using the mobi.beyondpod.command.UPDATE_CATEGORY intent to update playlists? It no longer works for me. I haven't used it in a while, and now, when I use the same Tasker task, it doesn't seem to work.

I am doing the following Tasker Action:

• Action = mobi.beyondpod.command.UPDATE_CATEGORY
    • Extra = category: All feeds
    • Target = Broadcast Receiver

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

The development team is working to improve the compatibility of BP with Tasker. Can you please provide the steps you use to set up "Action = mobi.beyondpod.command.UPDATE_CATEGORY" in Tasker?

I am not sure how much better I can outline what the Tasker task is. I gave every field that I set in the previous message. It used to work, but now doesn't seem to do anything. Do you want the XML for that Task? Does it work for you?

Sim

BeyondPod Team
    Please give the exact steps you use with the tasker app to add the command in question. There are different ways to request a task to be done in tasker so we want to make sure the way you are using tasker is tested on our end as well, so please let us know the steps you take as if you were to add the command to your tasker app. (Do you use code, 3rd party option, etc.)
    Please provide as many details so we can help make sure you receive the correct support. Thank you.

I don't know how to express what I did any better. What are you asking for? I just recreated a task in Tasker and it doesn't work. WTF! I opened up Tasker, I created a task, and I created an Intent. I put in what I said I did above and it doesn't work. What do you you want me to give you?! This is stupid.

Sim

So, I updated to the latest version which says it has fixed Tasker control. But it still doesn't work.

What is up? The latest version says it fixed a bunch of things I have complained about, but none of them are fixed. Instead, it starts playing as soon as I connect my Bluetooth device, and starts again after I have disconnected my Bluetooth device. And it still stops playing when I walk away from my place and disconnect from my wifi.

This is a mess. I really need a new podcast app. I am tired of all of this.

Sim