Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Timeout after pause is too short

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Timeout after pause is too short

    Whenever I pause BeyondPad the timeout is too short. I am not sure what the time is, but it after something like 30 seconds or a minute I can't restart by clicking on my Bluetooth headset pause button. I have to reopen the app and unpause. What is up with that? Some apps leave themselves as paused for hours, but BeyondPod just quits running after a minute or so.

    Thanks,
    Sim

  2. #2
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    933
    This is something that will be fixed in the next release. Thank you for reporting.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5
    @KimW Next beta?
    If not, for GA:Next patch? Next minor release? Next major release? Inquiring minds want to know...

  4. #4
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by warners View Post
    @KimW Next beta?
    If not, for GA:Next patch? Next minor release? Next major release? Inquiring minds want to know...
    A release to the public was made on November 19, 2020. (v4.3.28)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    A release to the public was made on November 19, 2020. (v4.3.28)
    I am pretty sure I am running the latest version and this still is a problem. What is the timeout for pausing? Other apps stay active for a long time, but BeyondPod seems to decide it is no longer active after 30 seconds or something like that. Why are we having to deal with simple problems like this over many years?!!

    And when will the bug be fixed that causes BeyondPod to lock up after doing an update/download? And when will the update/download using Tasker be fixed? I am not even wanting the stupid UI fixed. I have figured that out and don't care how bad that is.

    Sim

  6. #6
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by noisygecko View Post
    I am pretty sure I am running the latest version and this still is a problem. What is the timeout for pausing? Other apps stay active for a long time, but BeyondPod seems to decide it is no longer active after 30 seconds or something like that. Why are we having to deal with simple problems like this over many years?!!

    And when will the bug be fixed that causes BeyondPod to lock up after doing an update/download? And when will the update/download using Tasker be fixed? I am not even wanting the stupid UI fixed. I have figured that out and don't care how bad that is.

    Sim
    Do you have the "Custom Sleep Timeout" setting set to anything? (In the advanced settings.)
    We are not seeing issues with BP locking up when updating or downloading episodes. Tasker issues were fixed a few versions back and we are still seeing functionality working in 4.3.28.

    You can send your logs in and we can take a look at your data. To send log files, go to BP Settings>> Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner) >> View Logs >> Choose the logs "Android" and "BeyondPod" (these steps will need to be taken for each log separately) >> Menu overflow >> Email.

    Please make sure to include a brief description of your issue with each log so development knows what report to match your logs to.

  7. #7
    OK, great. This has been going on for years, so it would be nice it if was fixed.

    Sim

  8. #8
    This is still not fixed in the latest version. Now it starts playing for no reason after I disconnect my Bluetooth, but still won't restart if I pause for a while.

    I really don't get who is testing this stuff before it is released. Nothing is ever fixed.

    Sim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •