Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.3.21 Issues

4.3.21 Issues

1. The phone will randomly start playing. I cannot figure out why, but it does. I suspect it is an issue with a feed update and smartplay.
    2. When switching from one feed to another, the feed does not really switch until you pull down.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are unable to reproduce either of issues on our end. What device are you using and what version of Android?

Moto X Android v9

BeyondPod Team
    After you reproduce these issues, especially the playing unprovoked, please send your logs to support. Make sure to include a description of the issue with your logs. Thank you!

Is it possible a bluetooth device is connecting and starting playback? For most that would be a feature (it starts when your car connects to your phone), but if one of your BT devices is registering as an audio device or something I could see that.

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    Is it possible a bluetooth device is connecting and starting playback? For most that would be a feature (it starts when your car connects to your phone), but if one of your BT devices is registering as an audio device or something I could see that.
    Possibly once or twice, but most of the times it has happened, it has happened with no bluetooth device, except possibly my garmin watch.

I have not heard of a bluetooth device auto starting something. I do not know all things, but I would hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorky_D View Post
    I have not heard of a bluetooth device auto starting something. I do not know all things, but I would hate that.
    This feature became broken for me a few years back so I stopped using BP for podcasts, I find it really useful to get in my car and have it auto play. To each their own though!

I got the random start playing too. I have multiple headphones/speakers connected via bt on samsung note 10 android 10, may have happened when a bt device connected or dosconnected, but it starts playing on the device speaker, not the headphones.

Random playing happened to me as well. No headphones attached. Occurred when I pressed the power button off when on the lock screen of my phone. Happened multiple times.

I'm encountering the auto play issue as well. It seemed to stop when I turned Bluetooth off. Not just turning off my headphones (which I also tried, but actually turning Bluetooth off on my phone).

I've known programs that auto start playing when connected to a Bluetooth speaker or headphones, but this isn't a feature I ever remember seeing in Beyondpod which I think I've been using for probably around a decade.

I sent the Android log to support from an email address at the itechgeek.com domain.

I just got the notification of the upgrade probably about an hour ago and this problem just started.