Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4.3.21 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    @Snidbit Are you also experiencing episodes being "Marked as Played" when you haven't actually played them yet?
    Yes! I thought maybe I had left it playing at night when I went to bed and they actually were played, but I always set a timer so that is unlikely.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidbit View Post
    Yes! I thought maybe I had left it playing at night when I went to bed and they actually were played, but I always set a timer so that is unlikely.
    Thank you for the extra information. It's looking like the two issues are related in some way since every person who has reported an issue with episodes marked played cannot use the clear played function. I (and other users) that do not have the issue of episodes being marked as played by themselves can also use the "Clear Played" function as expected.

Information has been sent to the developers so they can try to find why some users are seeing this and some aren't. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Thank you for the extra information. It's looking like the two issues are related in some way since every person who has reported an issue with episodes marked played cannot use the clear played function. I (and other users) that do not have the issue of episodes being marked as played by themselves can also use the "Clear Played" function as expected.

Information has been sent to the developers so they can try to find why some users are seeing this and some aren't. Thank you!
    The issue i am experiencing is that, all episodes that are added to My Episodes will automatically appear as played unless they are downloaded. The clear played function works as expected, however it will clear those episodes that haven't been played yet.

+1 - new episodes show as played

Wondered why I had no new podcasts in my Smart Playlist . They're all sitting there marked as read. I also can't clear played. Submitted logs for the Bluetooth issue so hopefully it can help for both issues.

Also when I view a particular podcast feed from the left-hand menu, the list of podcasts is from the previously viewed feed until I swipe down to refresh which then shows the correct podcasts. I also noticed that the date of podcasts in the feed now has "(R,D)" or "(,D)" after them which I don't think was there before.
    Last edited by NeilBC; 08-21-2020 at 10:46 AM.

I'm also seeing both of the problems mentioned. I have lots of episodes that now appear to be marked as played erroneously. I cannot clear the played status of these episodes, though I can mark other episodes as played, and then successfully clear the played status of those ones.

When I turn on my bluetooth headphones or speaker, it causes BeyondPod to start playing (if it hasn't gone dormant). This is the perfect counterpoint to the other persistent problem, where if I pause playback, then have some other app in front for a short time (a few minutes), or even BeyondPod in front for a long time, the play button on my connected bluetooth device doesn't work anymore, and I have to bring BeyondPod to the front and start playback on the screen. This latest problem is not new, however; it's been like that for ages.

I tried deleting and manually re-downloading episodes erroneously marked played, and found that this makes it possible to toggle their played status again. In one case, it seemed to also fix that for a second episode in the same feed that I had not yet re-downloaded, but this has only worked in one of the three feeds I've tried it on so far.

I'm another having new episodes downloaded and marked played before they are added to the smart playlist. Like the others, those episodes cannot have their played status cleared, but can be played again.

After my scheduled feed update and download, smart playlist isn't being rebuilt, manual update and download does trigger it.

When viewing individual feeds, switching feeds does not update the episode list, including being able to interact with episodes as if still in the other feed. I see others refreshing the feed to get around this, but toggling between 'my episodes' and 'all published' will as well.

Using oneplus 7 pro.

Paid closer attention as I went through my playlist this morning. I have a few feeds that I have added, but haven't added to the smart playlist yet. Episodes in those feeds were downloaded normally, not marked played.

Any update on this? I hate having to kill BP if I don't want to listen to podcasts for more than a few minutes.