Thread: BETA v4.3.21 Now Available

BeyondPod Team

BETA v4.3.21 Now Available

BETA version 4.3.21 is now available here: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/ and on the Google Play Store for those signed up as a BETA user.

What is new in this version
    Fixed : Tasker Commands not responding for BP.
    Fixed : Preparing for Download.../Loading Feeds..Notification stuck in notification bar.
    Fixed : Pausing on bluetooth (headset and speakers).
    Fixed : Widget control not responding after inactivity.
    Fixed : Cannot view feed preview/description for any new feed.
    Fixed : Player disappears on Lock Screen and/or Notification Bar.
    Fixed : Compact Cards function not working in newest APK.
    Fixed : Chromecast - Casting not working correctly when at the end of episode.
    Fixed : All podcasts from "Radio France", cannot be clicked on/Subscribed to.
    Fixed : Smart Playlist will not auto update with new episodes.

It looks like the Smart playlists update feeds option is not working or at least not working as I remember it to work. If I recall correctly when you did that it updated the feeds that were in that particular playlist. Now I think it just pulls new episodes that might have been downloaded by feeds update

BeyondPod Team
    Hello, when you update the feeds in SmartPlay, it will update those feeds that you have rules set for in your SmartPlay rules. It will also follow the rules you have set for your SmartPlaylist, so if you update the feeds and new episodes were downloaded to those feeds during the update (based on the download settings you have set either in the General BP settings or for specific feeds), it will pull the downloaded feeds that fit the rules you set for your SmartPlaylist. The only time it wouldn't pull new episodes to fit the SmartPlay rules during the "Update Feeds" command is if you have your BP download settings set to only allow new downloads manually (rather than downloading during a feed update) or if there are no new episodes downloaded during the update. Hope this makes sense.

I would say that is not my experience. I have a feed set to automatically download generally 5 newest episodes. When I go to my smart play list click the three dots and click update. I see a notification from bp that says now and nothing else. Then nothing happen I don't see downloads nor I see new episodes in the the playlist.

The only way that stuff updates is if I do an pull down to refresh from my all feeds list. Then when I hit the update smart play I will get new stuff in my playlist

The widget is certainly much more responsive now. Thanks for that. An odd thing that I saw is that random episodes in various feeds have been marked as played, even though I haven't played them (my backlog is unfortunately pretty large right now - over 300 episodes). What is further curious is that I can't select it & clear the played status. The option is available, but it doesn't change it. I have to play it, stop it, then mark played/clear played to get it back to the normal unplayed status.

I don't see a thread for 4.3.23 yet, but I want to say that the issue I experienced with switching feeds showing the previously viewed feed's episode list, until updating the current feed, is fixed, which is great. And it sounds like the auto-playing is fixed as well, which was the only other issue I was having. Good job.