Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newly downloaded episodes show as played and can't unplay them.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Google made new requirements that apps needed to target certain API levels so all apps needed to be updated by November 2, 2020. Unfortunately, due to needing to follow the requirements by the deadline so the app was still available to people, a release needed to be made no matter what.

I am hoping the development team will have a fix for this issue quickly so that we can get that out to everyone. Thank you.
    Ah, that's tough situation. If it can't be fixed quickly, maybe it's better to update the API in v4.3.8 if possible.

I updated to 4.3.26, and new episodes seem to be correctly marked unplayed. However, I am still not able to mark episodes that were marked played when downloaded as unplayed.

Also running 4.3.26 and it has not stopped marking everything played that gets downloaded in the auto schedule.

Still showing 4.3.26, but the last 2 nights downloads have come in normal and not grayed out. Have not messed with any settings.

Scratch that, just did a refresh and all 4 went gray again.

I have been having this issue for a while, and it is frustrating. I have been using BeyondPod for well over 7 years, and never had this problem. I subscribe to a bunch of podcasts, some have 4 one-hour episodes a day to download.

Episodes show in list, but are grayed out.
    Episode logo shows long orange line under it.
    Pushing "Play" does nothing.
    You have to check the playlist button and then push play, and it will download and play.

Kind of annoying.
    I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Deleted and re-added the podcast. Same result.

BeyondPod Team
    A new version (v4.3.28) with fixes for "Episodes being Marked as Played", "Clear Played not responding" and "Pause on Headset Disconnect not responding" was submitted to Google for review yesterday. Once they have approved the released, it will be made available to the public in the Google Play Store.

*Google's review process is taking longer than usual due to limited staffing, but we are hoping they will finish the review and make v4.3.28 available by the end of today or end of the weekend at the latest.*

Great. Thank you. I will look for it.

I got 4.3.28 overnight, and the grayed out items in my queue that I hadn't manually flipped yet went back to normal with the update. Looking good so far!