Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: after upgrade, some episodes showing in grey

after upgrade, some episodes showing in grey

My BeyondPod just upgraded yesterday to 4.3.26. Now, for some reason, some of the episodes are showing as normal, but others are showing as grey:

beyond-pod-grey.jpg

What can I do to resolve this?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by curwin View Post
    My BeyondPod just upgraded yesterday to 4.3.26. Now, for some reason, some of the episodes are showing as normal, but others are showing as grey:

beyond-pod-grey.jpg

What can I do to resolve this?
    Hello,

The development team is looking into this issue further as other users have too reported seeing this for some episodes but not others. Please send your logs for development to take a look at your data for any clues:
    To send log files, go to BP Settings>> Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner) >> View Logs >> Choose the logs "Android" and "BeyondPod" (these steps will need to be taken for each log separately) >> Menu overflow >> Email.

Please make sure to include a brief description of your issue with each log so development knows what report to match your logs to.

same issue.... again.... logs sent again....

I think I've noticed that the grey episodes with 4.3.26 are associated with scheduled updates.

If you have episodes that happen to download as part of scheduled updates, those episodes seem to show as grey, and are toggled as played.

On the other hand, if you do a manual refresh of all episodes, and an episode starts to download, the episode is grey while the download is still in progress, but once the download is finished, the episode changes to white/unplayed.

Adding on.... I'm seeing the same issue. New episodes downloaded on schedule are showing up as already played.

Following - having the same issue.

I'm having this issue as well. I can confirm slvr32's observation about manual updates showing like this until the download finishes, but this doesn't happen for every episode downloaded in scheduled updates.

Same issue here. Selecting "Clear Played" doesn't restore the episode. Just sent my logs. When is this going to be resolved?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by kweiske View Post
    Same issue here. Selecting "Clear Played" doesn't restore the episode. Just sent my logs. When is this going to be resolved?
    The fix for the episodes being marked as played and not able to be cleared is currently in the testing process. After testing has been completed for these fixes, a new version will be released. Hoping to get that out in the next week.

This might be redundant, but it seems that this is also tied to whether the app is open while the scheduled updates download new episodes.

If the downloads happen via scheduled updates when the app isn't open, those downloads seem to be stuck as played, greyed out, etc...

If a scheduled update triggers the download of a new episode while the app is open, the download seems fine, isn't already marked as played, etc...

On the other hand, maybe I'm wrong, and the behavior is inconsistent, but I think I've observed the behavior described above.