Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newly downloaded episodes show as played and can't unplay them.

Newly downloaded episodes show as played and can't unplay them.

I'm running v4.3.21 on Samsung Galaxy S10 with One UI 2.1, Android 10, kernel 4.14.117.18725736

So within the last few weeks, most, if not all of my new episodes show up as already played when they're downloaded on the schedule.
    If I try to set the episode to unplayed, nothing happens. I have to tap the play button on the episode which will add it to the playlist and set it to unplayed.
    Also, randomly, I see episodes for other podcasts listed under other podcasts when I select see all published episodes.

I tried clearing the cache for the app but that didn't help. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
    Thanks for your help.

I have the same problem. V4.3.21 - Huawei P30 Lite - Android 10.
    It started right after the upgrade.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

These are known issues and the development team has been working on fixes for, for the next release. We have a few users trying the latest version with the fixes and providing feedback. If you are interested in trying this test version early, please let me know and I can private message you details.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

These are known issues and the development team has been working on fixes for, for the next release. We have a few users trying the latest version with the fixes and providing feedback. If you are interested in trying this test version early, please let me know and I can private message you details.
    Hi, if I could get the apk fo the last version that would be great, otherwise I'll roll the dice with the beta verison.
    Thanks.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by engineered View Post
    Hi, if I could get the apk fo the last version that would be great, otherwise I'll roll the dice with the beta verison.
    Thanks.
    Hello,

A private message has been sent to you. Thank you.

Hello,

A private message has been sent to you. Thank you.
    Got it thanks. So far things are looking good. Some episodes downloaded and didn't have the issue.

Latest update (4.3.23) still has this problem - all newly downloaded episodes are marked as played and you can't clear the played status from the episode context menu (3 dots) - BP log file already emailed.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by royalh13 View Post
    Latest update (4.3.23) still has this problem - all newly downloaded episodes are marked as played and you can't clear the played status from the episode context menu (3 dots) - BP log file already emailed.
    Yes, a fix for this issue was not included in v4.3.23. With each version release, you can see "what is new in this version" and a fix for this issue is not listed. There is also a note about this in the thread for this BETA release, that a fix for this issue was not included and still being worked on.(http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...-now-Available) Thank you.

Yes, a fix for this issue was not included in v4.3.23. With each version release, you can see "what is new in this version" and a fix for this issue is not listed. There is also a note about this in the thread for this BETA release, that a fix for this issue was not included and still being worked on.(http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...-now-Available) Thank you.
    So the problem seems to be 50% resolved in v4.3.23 for me. Half the episodes have the problem, and the other half download ok.

100% of new episodes today showed up as watched.

Devs, can I get copy of the APK before this issue came up so I can continue to enjoy the app? Thanks!