Thread: BETA 4.3.23 now Available

BeyondPod Team

BETA 4.3.23 now Available

Fixed : Audio Starts Playing Unprovoked.
    Fixed : Fixed some major bugs.

**Note: We know some of you are experiencing episodes being automatically "Marked as Played" after automatic updates, and a solid fix for that bug is not included in v4.3.23. We are working with a small group of users to find a solution for that bug. A fix was made and was confirmed fixed for a few days before breaking again so that is an ongoing bug that development is actively trying to fix.**

I sent an e-mail with these issues but figured it might be helpful to post here:

4.3.23 breaks the "pause on headset disconnect"
    - The player keeps playing out of the speaker when headset is disconnected, even when this option is checked. I have tried unchecking and rechecking, as well as restarting my phone

Also broken for a few versions now is the persistent notification. Quite often, in addition to the player, there would be a beyondpod logo with "just now" (or sometimes "xx minutes ago" with nothing near it that cannot be cleared. So with two notifications (the player, and the weird "just now" logo), the player doesn't show up on its own on the lock screen and needs to be pulled down on the notification bar.

I am running android 8.0.0 on an Huawei Honor 7x.

BeyondPod Team
    Thank you for your feedback. We have responded to your emails to support to collect some more details.

I'm also still having issue with new podcasts showing up as watched.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by engineered View Post
    I'm also still having issue with new podcasts showing up as watched.
    Yes, as stated in the original post for this thread, a fix for this issue was not included in this version 4.3.23. A fix for that issue is still actively being worked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Fixed : Audio Starts Playing Unprovoked.
    Fixed : Fixed some major bugs.

**Note: We know some of you are experiencing episodes being automatically "Marked as Played" after automatic updates, and a solid fix for that bug is not included in v4.3.23. We are working with a small group of users to find a solution for that bug. A fix was made and was confirmed fixed for a few days before breaking again so that is an ongoing bug that development is actively trying to fix.**

How is the bug about episodes marked as read not been fixed in a month?? It is the most basic functionality of a podcast app. Without it, I may as well go direct to the rss feeds and play the MP3 from there.

OK, I exaggerate, but I am nearly ready to find a new podcast app.

Is there any ETA?

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

I apologize for the delay. The development team has not yet shared with me an ETA on the fix, but as soon as I have that information, I will be sure to share it.