Thread: Random pausing on bluetooth

Random pausing on bluetooth

Hello!
    I've been having a problem, on and off for maybe two years now, where sometimes beyondpod will randomly pause a lot while connected to a Bluetooth device. It will do this for a few days, then it will be fine for a few days, and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. It doesn't matter if it is my headphones, car, or speaker. If I turn off auto pause on disconnect, or seems to solve it, but it is really nice to have it pause automatically when I turn off my car or headphones. Any advice?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Eben.Alguire View Post
    Hello!
    I've been having a problem, on and off for maybe two years now, where sometimes beyondpod will randomly pause a lot while connected to a Bluetooth device. It will do this for a few days, then it will be fine for a few days, and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. It doesn't matter if it is my headphones, car, or speaker. If I turn off auto pause on disconnect, or seems to solve it, but it is really nice to have it pause automatically when I turn off my car or headphones. Any advice?
    Hello,

This is an issue that was corrected in BETA version 4.3.21 and we have since released a newer BETA v4.3.23. You are welcome to download the BETA v4.3.23 apk to use however I will let you know there is a bug that the new BETA versions have that are being worked on for a fix (marking some newly downloaded episodes played before being listened to), but this seems to only be affecting some users and with automatic updates set.
    If you would like to try the BETA version, you can find the apk here: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/
    **Note, we suggest making a backup in BeyondPod before making any version changes.**

If you do not want to use a BETA version, you would need to wait until a new Production version is released, which we do not have an estimated date of when one will be released at this time.