Thread: Android 11 Can't get files in bp

Android 11 Can't get files in bp

Just moved to oneplus 8t and I am struggling to get my 20gb of podcasts seen by beyonpod.

Have tried to move them into the right folder. Have tried to have them in a root podcast folder but can't get the directory path right in the advanced settings.

Please help!

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderrx View Post
    Just moved to oneplus 8t and I am struggling to get my 20gb of podcasts seen by beyonpod.

Have tried to move them into the right folder. Have tried to have them in a root podcast folder but can't get the directory path right in the advanced settings.

Please help!
    Hello,

Please see the following link from our support website on switching BeyondPod to a new device: http://www.beyondpod.com/cms/index.p...o-a-new-device

Instructions dont work

Just bought an 8Pro running Android 10 and tried these instructions, they don't work.
    I found the solution but it's a bit complicated.
    The BeyondPod folder on my older 5T was in /sdcard/BeyondPod/
    If you copy the folder to the same location on the 8Pro, beyondPod see's it but says the feeds are corrupted, is unable to see the backup file and cannot see any of your downloaded feeds.

Solution

BeyondPod's new preferred data location is /sdcard/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/files/BeyondPod

Install BeyondPod on your new phone, create a backup on your old device then copy the Backups and Podcasts folder from your old device to the new location above
    Open Beyondpod, go to Settings->Restore. You should see your last backup. Restore it and all is good!!

ANDROID 11 update

/sdcard/Andriod/data is now protected and you can no longer write to it using your phones file manager so to copy the folders you will need to place tem on your PC and use ADB to push them on to the phone. I place the beyondpod\Backups and beyondpod\Podcasts folder into a temp folder (called bypod) and used this script

cd \Oneplus\bypod
    adb push bypod /sdcard/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/files

then do the restore and bingo all working

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

Please see the following link from our support website on switching BeyondPod to a new device: http://www.beyondpod.com/cms/index.p...o-a-new-device