Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now, can't mark episode as played... v4.3.28

Thumbs up Now, can't mark episode as played... v4.3.28

Episodes don't download and show as played\read anymore, however now, I can't use the 3-dot menu from the "all episodes" screen, to mark an episode as played... If I add the episode to the playlist and play it for a couple of seconds, I can then remove it from the playlist and use the menu to mark it as played (or use the long-press & skip to end)...

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by royalh13 View Post
    Episodes don't download and show as played\read anymore, however now, I can't use the 3-dot menu from the "all episodes" screen, to mark an episode as played... If I add the episode to the playlist and play it for a couple of seconds, I can then remove it from the playlist and use the menu to mark it as played (or use the long-press & skip to end)...
    Hello,
    We are not seeing this issue on our end. When in the "All Episodes" view, if you long press an episode(s) to select it, then use the 3 dot menu to "Mark Played", the functionality is working as it should in v4.3.28.

Is anyone else seeing this issue on their end?

I am seeing the same behavior. Certain episodes will just not mark as played. I just did an uninstall / install and seeing the same behavior

Same here, marked as played does nothing.

Last week my previously downloaded but unplayed pods had all been marked as played & I couldn't un-mark them. This week, freshly downloaded pods won't mark as played unless I play them & skip to the end.

V4.3.28, Galaxy S20+

BeyondPod Team
    @royalh13 : What device and version of Android are you on?

@jkane : What device and version of Android are you on?

@eddiejc : What version of Android are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    @eddiejc : What version of Android are you on?

Android 10

Strangely enough, the issue was no longer an issue at the weekend just gone... able to mark as played/clear played, like it used to be. Almost as though a fix was quietly rolled out ;-)

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiejc View Post
    Android 10

Strangely enough, the issue was no longer an issue at the weekend just gone... able to mark as played/clear played, like it used to be. Almost as though a fix was quietly rolled out ;-)
    No update was secretly rolled out. Still the same update of v4.3.28, which fixed the issues with marking played and clearing played.

Since we are not seeing an issue with using the functionality of "mark as played" and "clear played", we are trying to collect information from the handful of you that were still seeing this issue on your end to see if there is something in common for the few of you that may be causing you to still have this issue.

Did you change anything on your device or settings from when it wasn't working before and is now since the weekend?

No change, just within a matter of a couple of days the problem had resolved itself. Had not even rebooted my phone.

I had problems the previous week with finding my downloaded pods were all marked as played, even tho I had not, but I was unable to mark them as not played. I don't know the version that was installed at that point.

Then last weekend (3 days ago) I found new pods were not marked as played (good) but I was unable to mark any as played; this was v4.3.28.

Then yesterday, I was able to mark played/unplayed...

HOWEVER, just checked now... I have successfully marked a pod as played... BUT I'm unable to mark more than 1 as played at the same time... & one of my regular pods will not mark as played no matter what I do.

BeyondPod Team
    And you are seeing this behavior across multiple feeds? Or just this one specific feed?

Affecting all of my 7 feeds; problem is on the ALL EPISODES screen.