Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: v4.3.28, showing all episodes for a feed excludes currently playing episode

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11

    v4.3.28, showing all episodes for a feed excludes currently playing episode

    As the title notes, wth v4.3.28, showing all episodes seems to exclude episodes of that feed that are currently playing... see attached images.

    Notice the All Episodes vs My Episodes, and that one of the episodes is currently playing.

    Screenshot_20201124-211338-01.jpg

    Screenshot_20201124-211349-01.jpg
    Last edited by slvr32; 11-25-2020 at 12:23 AM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11
    Also, after the episode finished playing, that played episode is also missing from All Episodes for that feed...

    Notice the time in the taskbar in the upper left corner of both of two new attachments on this post, along with My Episodes vs All Episodes.

    Screenshot_20201124-212818-01.jpg

    Screenshot_20201124-212827-01.jpg
    Last edited by slvr32; 11-25-2020 at 12:44 AM.

  3. #3
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr32 View Post
    Also, after the episode finished playing, that played episode is also missing from All Episodes for that feed...

    Notice the time in the taskbar in the upper left corner of both of two new attachments on this post, along with My Episodes vs All Episodes.

    Screenshot_20201124-212818-01.jpg

    Screenshot_20201124-212827-01.jpg
    Hello,

    This seems to be an issue only with this feed specifically. I just went and subscribed to this feed and it did not even show the episode you show "Mitch McConnell refusing to move on covid relief ..." as an option to listen to or download. It went from "Democrats demand briefing..." on Nov. 20, to "GSA begins ..." on Nov. 23, to "Biden announces ..." on Nov. 25; however that is also the case on the Podcast's web page. There is no "Mitch McConnell" episode showing as posted.

    I then tried to download all three of the above mentioned episodes and they would act as though they were being downloaded, but then would show a download error.

    I then tried to subscribe to and download this feed and episodes on another Podcast App (Podcast Addict) that we are not associated with at all. Those podcast Apps also throw the same kind of error when trying to download these episodes from this specific feed.

    You will need to contact the host of this feed to resolve the issue as it is a problem on their end, not the BeyondPod app (or other Podcast apps that are showing the same problem).


    I have attached screenshots of the Feed's web page, BeyondPod's episode list for this feed, BeyondPod's download fail error, and Podcast Addict's download fail error:

    Web Page for Feed.jpg BeyondPod Feed Episode List.jpg BeyondPod Update Log.jpg Podcast Addict Download Error.jpg

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

    This seems to be an issue only with this feed specifically. I just went and subscribed to this feed and it did not even show the episode you show "Mitch McConnell refusing to move on covid relief ..." as an option to listen to or download. It went from "Democrats demand briefing..." on Nov. 20, to "GSA begins ..." on Nov. 23, to "Biden announces ..." on Nov. 25; however that is also the case on the Podcast's web page. There is no "Mitch McConnell" episode showing as posted.

    I then tried to download all three of the above mentioned episodes and they would act as though they were being downloaded, but then would show a download error.

    I then tried to subscribe to and download this feed and episodes on another Podcast App (Podcast Addict) that we are not associated with at all. Those podcast Apps also throw the same kind of error when trying to download these episodes from this specific feed.

    You will need to contact the host of this feed to resolve the issue as it is a problem on their end, not the BeyondPod app (or other Podcast apps that are showing the same problem).


    I have attached screenshots of the Feed's web page, BeyondPod's episode list for this feed, BeyondPod's download fail error, and Podcast Addict's download fail error:

    Web Page for Feed.jpg BeyondPod Feed Episode List.jpg BeyondPod Update Log.jpg Podcast Addict Download Error.jpg
    Sorry, I just looked at the XML for the feed in a web browser right now, and sure enough, the All Episodes list matches the contents of the current feed.

    Strange, but I guess I was able to download the other episodes while they were still listed in the feed, but it just happens that all of the episodes were downloaded within a few hours of when I noticed the All Episodes vs My Episodes differences brought up in my earlier posts.

    Of course this still leaves the academic question of whether or not the All Episodes should just be a list of episodes in the feed, or if All Episodes should also list episodes that still happen to be on your device.

  5. #5
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr32 View Post
    Sorry, I just looked at the XML for the feed in a web browser right now, and sure enough, the All Episodes list matches the contents of the current feed.

    Strange, but I guess I was able to download the other episodes while they were still listed in the feed, but it just happens that all of the episodes were downloaded within a few hours of when I noticed the All Episodes vs My Episodes differences brought up in my earlier posts.

    Of course this still leaves the academic question of whether or not the All Episodes should just be a list of episodes in the feed, or if All Episodes should also list episodes that still happen to be on your device.
    "All Published" view in a feed list will show all of the published episodes from that feed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •