Thread: Podcasts showing up in Google Play Music

Podcasts showing up in Google Play Music

I have the Galaxy Nexus S. All the podcasts download by BP is being scanned and categorized by Google Play Music. I know this is probably not in BP's domain, but does anyone know a way of getting them to NOT show up on GPM's library?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    You can tell BeyondPod not to make your podcasts available to the Android Music Player in the Playlist and Widget Settings (Menu | More | Settings | Playlist and Widget Settings) - untick Share Podcasts.

hth
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    You can tell BeyondPod not to make your podcasts available to the Android Music Player in the Playlist and Widget Settings (Menu | More | Settings | Playlist and Widget Settings) - untick Share Podcasts.

hth
    Julie
    Thanks!

I noticed that the already download tracks are not removed. Would they be gradually removed as new episodes replace old?

It's kind of hard to get things out of the media database. You generally have to force a rescan. The BP Advanced Options has one to force a rescan on each download or delete, so you can tick that one for a little while.

Some apps have a "force rescan now" button; ISTR there's even an app which has that as its sole purpose.

Dismounting and remounting the relevant storage or rebooting should force a rescan as well, but that might be more drastic.

I am currently using 3.0.37 on my Nexus 7 with 4.2.1 (rooted stock). I have Share Podcasts unchecked, but no matter what I do, my podcasts show up in the Play Music app. I even tried putting nomedia files in the directory, but that doesn't seem to help. If I clear the cache on Media Storage and rescan, the podcasts don't get added in, so I am assuming they are being scanned when I download them.

Is there something else I can do?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Much the same issue as this other thread