Thread: Playlist clears when episode ends

Playlist clears when episode ends

I just upgraded to the full app and suddenly the playlist clears when an rpisode ends. Next I upgraded to the latest version of the beta and stiil the same problem.

Add 2 files to the playlist, then let the first one finish (either manually or by scrolling to the end). The play will stop and the playlist is kaput.

I have a razr maxx

Alex

I have been using the full app for months. All has been fine until yesterday. The Smartplay feature has stopped working.
    Click play and the app just sits there. After force closing and restarting, the only display I get is
    Preparing Playback.. (100%)
    Connecting to feedproxy.google.com ...

No idea what's going on but I have been using BP daily - now it's useless.

Joe, that looks like a download failed, so BP added a "streaming" episode to the playlist.

It never works for me, either. That's one reason I obsessively check my download log: the feed may be stuck forever, or you may get this condition.

Open that feed, delete that episode (tap the trashcan), mark it unread (tap the empty blue dot). You can then download manually or wait for the next automatic update, your preference.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by abatterbury View Post
    I just upgraded to the full app and suddenly the playlist clears when an rpisode ends. Next I upgraded to the latest version of the beta and stiil the same problem.

Add 2 files to the playlist, then let the first one finish (either manually or by scrolling to the end). The play will stop and the playlist is kaput.
    Alex, check your Settings/Player/When Finish Playing setting. It sounds like you want it to be one of the "play next" settings.

Alternatively, add just one of those two files to the playlist and try to play it. The episode may be stuck like Joe's.

BeyondPod Team
    In addition to the suggestion from Dennis, you may also check the setting for what to do when the playlist ends - (Menu > More > Settings > Playlist and Widget Settings > When Playlist Ends. It may be set to "Clear Playlist", and this is what may clear the playlist after the last episode finishes playing.

Back in business

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Rockwell View Post
    Joe, that looks like a download failed, so BP added a "streaming" episode to the playlist.

It never works for me, either. That's one reason I obsessively check my download log: the feed may be stuck forever, or you may get this condition.

Open that feed, delete that episode (tap the trashcan), mark it unread (tap the empty blue dot). You can then download manually or wait for the next automatic update, your preference.

Good luck!
    Figured out how to delete the episode it was stuck on. Took some work but all is well again. Thanks for the point in the right direction.

My playlist always empties as episodes play. I have both the widgets and after play mentioned above set to do nothing. I used to be able, i think, to be able to long press the music note at The end of the podcast name too refill the playlist. Any chance someone knows how to refill the playlist? Or prevent the Playlist from deleting the played episodes? Any chance of getting a put all in feed Into playlist? The one i found doesn't work, i think it must play what is in feed AND already in playlist. I removed everything in entertainment and pressed play everything in feed.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    @r5regan There are a number of ways to add all items from a feed (or category) to the playlist, but the easiest way is to set the Autoplay option in the Playlist Settings (Menu | More | Settings | Playlist & Widget Settings).

With that option set, any time you play an episode (whether from the expanded feed or from the Episodes view), BeyondPod will start playing that episode, and will also add all the following episodes (in whatever order you see them sorted in) to your playlist. Assuming you've got BeyondPod set to either Play Next or Delete and Play Next, it will then continue to the next episode.

You can also choose (the next option) whether or not to remove played items from the playlist.

You can always choose Clear Playlist from the Menu, wherever you are, but Automatic Playlist cleared it for me anyway.

Julie

The problem is i follow the menu as described but the options available in playlist and widget settings on my version is different than yours. I have the tablet version an the list of options I have doesn't include automatic playlist. Also the list of options is half the size of the one you show.

I am on version 2.90.21. The list of options starts Configure Smart play but doesn't include Automatic playlist.