Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do get beyond pod to recognize files manually placed on sdcard?

How do get beyond pod to recognize files manually placed on sdcard?

I have subscribed to the this american life podcast, unfortunately it only has one episode a week. So I bought one of the usbs of shows from the TAL website. I put the mp3 files on the sdcard physically in the /extSdCard/BeyondPod/Podcasts/ThisAmericanLife directory. Now, in Beyondpod, some of them list (only 10), but none of those 10 show downloaded. How do I get them all to list and be playable?

BeyondPod Team
    If the episodes are already in that folder, try exiting BeyondPod (Menu > More > Exit BeyondPod) and then opening it again. BeyondPod will look for them on the next start. You should be able to see them in the episode list (or listed as 'Archived Episodes" after the latest episode from the feed)

Nope, that didn't help it. I went as far as trying to reboot the phone and it still does the same thing. Under 'Archived episodes' it only shows 10 of them (not all of them), and shows them as not downloaded.

BeyondPod Team
    If they are under "Archived" episodes then they are downloaded (you should be able to play them just by pressing on them). When you say "they don't show as Downloaded", what do you mean? Do they have a "Download Button" in the bottom left?

If you see only 10 then BeyondPod was able to find only 10 - others me be unreadable for some reason. There is no limit on how many episodes show under Archived. The only thing I can think of is to delete them and copy them again.

I made a screen shot, if you see under the 'Archived Episodes' there is the download option, they will not play when I click the icon:

http://imgur.com/rsSNE

Hmm, ok apparently it will show up correctly if I drop episodes in /sdcard/BeyondPod/Podcasts/ThisAmericanLife, but not if I drop it in /extSdCard. The extsdcard is my microsd, and sdcard is my phone memory. I would like it in my external one however as there is a lot more space.

BeyondPod Team
    Thanks, this is very strange. Here is what you can do.

1. First long press on the first episode (447) and select "Episode Details". Look under "Download Path" to confirm the folder where the episodes for the feed are being stored on the SD card (just in case it is different than what you used).
    2. Delete all Archived episodes (tap on the trash can of each).
    3. Exit BeyondPod and copy the episodes from your USB to that folder
    4. Start BeyondPod.

If that does not work for some reason, copy all episodes to some folder on the SD card and then import that folder into BeyondPod as a "virtual feed". (Add Feed > Import from SD card Folder > Browse to the folder and select it)

BeyondPod Team
    If you want them on the external card, just use the "virtual feed" approach described in my previous post - this way you can add any folder with audio/video files (from internal or external sd card)

Where do I setup the virtual feed? I see in add feed the 'import from sd card folder' option, but it only allows me to go to /sdcard. Also, "Download Path" points to /sdcard.

BeyondPod Team
    If you're using a Galaxy SIII, you need to be running the Beta version for it to know what the path to the external SD card is called.

Julie