Thread: Add all episodes in feed to playlist

Add all episodes in feed to playlist

I play audiobooks with Beyondpod, mostly since I like the 1x1 widget. I will add a virtual feed from the SD card, then I am sitting there looking at the list of "episodes." How do I add all these at one time to the playlist? I always struggled to do this, but I used to be somehow able to add them all at one, but I have forgotten how so now have to resort to clicking dozens of files individually to create the playlist. It would be nice to be able to, for example, long press the title and have an option to Add All to Playlist but I bet it's something easy that I am just overlooking. Thanks in advance.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    There are two ways to do this.

From the Episodes view, you can sort the episodes into various orders (it defaults to your setting for Local Episodes). Tap on the icon in the middle at the bottom of the screen (a list with a + symbol) to add everything you can see to the playlist. If your feed has its own category you can select the category to get just your feed.

Alternatively, you can tick Auto Playlist in the Playlist settings (Menu | More... | Settings | Playlist and Widget Settings). With that ticked, when you tap on an episode in Feed or Episodes view, that episodes and all those below it on the screen will replace your current playlist.

Julie

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think I need to take one step back from this. I have a category called Audiobooks. It has three folders (books) in it. I touch one of the folders and I see all the files in it but with no way to add them all at once to the playlist. The list icon at the bottom does not have the plus sign on it because although this does show all the episodes in the book, it is not the episodes page. If I touch the Episodes button at the top of the category page, it shows all the files in all three books together. So I see how I was able to do this before. I only had one folder in this listing so when I hit Episodes then the list plus icon, I could add them all. But with three books in the category, hitting the list plus icon adds all the episodes for all the books. But at least I know now how to create a playlist - just delete two of the books to leave only one, hit the Episodes button, and then the list plus icon. Thanks!
    Last edited by turf; 08-04-2012 at 12:23 AM.

BeyondPod Team
    At the moment, Episodes view only allows you to group by Category, although we are considering extending the Episodes view to allow narrowing down to a single feed in future versions. The "Add all to Playlist" icon at the bottom of the screen only exists in this view, and not in the Feed view.

I've just remembered a couple of other ways to add episodes to the playlist from the Feed view:
    1. In the Feed view, from the list of feeds, long tap the music icon and number of episodes to clear the playlist, add all episodes to the feed and start playing
    2. In the Feed view, from the list of feeds, press Menu, Play ... and select Play all in <Category>. Again this won't work for you, as you have all your books in one feed, but I mention it for completeness.

Julie

> In the Feed view, from the list of feeds, long tap the music icon and number of episodes to clear the playlist, add all episodes to the feed and start playing

That is what I wanted to see. This is a very easy way to accomplish what I wanted - clear the playlist, go to feeds view, and long press the music icon next to the feed. That adds all the episodes in the feed to the playlist. Thanks so much!

BeyondPod Team
    Sorry I didn't remember that method to start off with. It's (obviously) not a feature I use myself.

I too would like to add all items in a feed to the playlist. I tried all of the methods above, except where you talk about pressing a plus sign? The only thing i see is at the lower right and does not work either. The episodes i am trying to add have already been listened to and have been deleted by being played. I definitely have both locations set to do nothing But the deletes continue..