Thread: BeyondPod downloading over mobile even when download over wifi only is checked

BeyondPod downloading over mobile even when download over wifi only is checked

Hello,

I have some reason to believe BeyondPod isn't honoring some of its settings (or I'm clueless... :-) )

In the last week, I decided to try out some other podcast tools on my Android phone (US T-Mobile, LG G2X, running an "out of the box" 2.3), and so installed BeyondPod. I quickly found the setting that said to only download over wifi and checked it, and didn't tell it to download over mobile data.

in the last few days, I've noticed something on my phone was eating up enormous amounts of my limited bandwidth. In a panic, I downloaded a couple apps to try to figure out what is going on, including one called My Data Manager. It showed that today, for instance, 20MB was used by something called "Streaming Media". I'm not sure what that is, but I think the only thing I've added lately to my phone is BeyondPod.

As far as I can tell, then, BeyondPod was still pulling stuff down over the mobile data network and not the wifi one, even though I had marked the relevant setting in the settings to only use wifi.

Any thoughts? Anyone else seen this?

David
    Last edited by bodawei; 10-04-2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Removing unimportant details

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    See this post for some suggestions.

juwlz, thanks for the reference! Sounds like the cause is unknown. Alas, I've deleted the app, as I can't happily afford what it seems like this bug(?) will cost me. Good luck!