Thread: Problem when downloading multiple episodes at once

Problem when downloading multiple episodes at once

I seem to have a problem when I try to download many episodes at the same time. I've only had this app for a while and I have fiddled with all the settings to fix this to no avail. Basically what happens is that I force the app to download episodes of podcasts that I have missed. The app starts the downloads and I can see it downloading in the progress bar as well as in the app. Once it finishes downloading though it seems to have an error and the episode is gone. When I look for it, the only button that is available is "re-download". I would understand if the app can't find the episode in question, but it does find it; it simply doesn't save it after downloading it. Overall the app has downloaded over 50 gigabytes of data from wi-fi, but I can only account for 5 gigs worth of episodes actually downloaded. If anyone can help me with this I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    One possibly is that there is an issue with the SD card you are storing the episodes. Occasionally SD cards get corrupted and as BeyondPod writes to the card the downloaded file get's lost (the data is still on the SD card, but the file system can't find it.

Another possibility is that you have set BeyondPod to automatically clean old episodes when you download new ones. This is set in the feed settings - long press on the feed > Edit Feed > Automatic Episode Cleanup. Make sure that "Keep at Most" and "Delete Episodes older than" are set reasonably high so new episodes do not delete older episodes.

Thank you for the reply!

I'm not sure how I would check if the SD card is becoming corrupted, but when I check, It has only 10 gigs occupied (the episodes downloaded + other files) So if it is downloading and getting lost, it is not being reflected on the SD card :S

I already set those setting as high as possible (I have a 64 gig SD card), to no avail. They still disappear.

Any further help appreciated and thanks for replying (again)!

BeyondPod Team
    Generally when you have SD corruption, the device sees (and reports as used) only some of the data. For example if you have 32G card and have written 20G, but the device sees only 10G, if you try to copy another 20G you will run out of space. I would also be very cautious with those big 64G cards - there are large number of "fake" cards on the market (32G card with altered firmware to report it is 64G) and also not all devices can handle them reliably.

In either case, one way to check/repair is to connect the SD card to a PC, copy all files off it, reformat it and copying the files back. While it is connected to the PC you can run test to see if it is a real or fake (http://www.avforums.com/forums/digit...yours-now.html)