Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subscribe button not working

Subscribe button not working

Hi,

I have a galaxy note 2 and I can't add feeds to Beyondpod. After searching for feeds, i try to click subscribe, and nothing happens. I need to add feeds through importing files. Can you provide a fix? This is making me consider getting another app.

Thanks.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    After you hit the subscribe key, the next thing that should happen is that BP will display a list of Categories to add your feed to. The feed will only be added after you select a category (or "Uncategorized"), and you will get a Toast message to confirm that it has happened.

What actually happens after you hit the Subscribe button? (And what version of BeyondPod and what device and OS are you using?)

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    Whoops! Sorry - you did say Note2, so presumably Jelly Bean.

I'm using the Note 2 Jelly Bean v4.1.1

When I click the subscribe button, nothing happens, tried search browser from firefox, chrome, stock browser. It's doesn't display a list of categories I can add to.

BeyondPod Team
    Are you searching from within BeyondPod, or adding an RSS feed from a browser?

If from a browser, you should get a pop-up like this:

... and when you choose BeyondPod, it takes you to the Feed edit screen:

Could you post some screenshots, step-by-step of what's happening for you?

I click add feed from the bottom right corner, and then the "complete action using" pops up. That window doesn't contain beyondpod though. I then click browser and it takes me to a search screen, then after searching, I get results with preview and subscribe. I click subscribe and the 2nd image u have is supposed to pop up, but isn't for me.

Can't seem to attach images here successfully..

BeyondPod Team
    Hmm. "Complete Action Using" should only pop up if you're adding a feed from outside BeyondPod. It shouldn't be there at all if you're adding from within BeyondPod. What apps DO you get in that box? Perhaps one of them has been designated as the default app for RSS feed links - in which case you'll need to go to the Android Application Manager to Clear Defaults for that app.

I tried going to apps> reset defsults. Appeared to do this but no change.

Oh, I have the same issue.

Have the same problem - Note II as well. adding feeds worked well a couple of days ago, tried today and can't.

I start searching from withing Beyondpod, when I hit search i get the complete action window, *without* beyondpod as an option. Tried to open in various browsers (standard, chrome, popup etc). Subscribe button does nothing. Tried clearing cache, clearing permissions, removing defaults, didnt work

also, reboot doesn't work, nor does 3_0_38 beta.