Thread: Backing up feeds, doing a factory reset

Backing up feeds, doing a factory reset

I have read the kb How to Move BeyondPod to a New Device and How do I back up my feeds. This is precisely what I need to do as I must do a factory reset.

The problem is for some reason BeyondPod is not backing up to my external SD card (which has plenty of room). The backup files mentioned are in my internal memory. Is there a way I can change this so they go to my external card? My external card does have recent podcasts, but not the recent backup files. So I'm not sure which files I will need. If I try and manually copy the folders to my pc for later, I'd be looking at trying to merge them which I'd rather not do. I'd like all the necessary files to be on the SD card which would make the whole process go smoother.

Thanks.

BeyondPod Team
    BeyondPod backs up to the same location (folder) where it downloads podcasts. If your podcasts are downloaded to the internal memory the backup will be there, if they are downloaded on the external the backup will be on the external card. If you want to change where podcasts are downloaded, you can follow the steps here

Thanks for your help. I had podcasts downloading to my external card but the backup going to my internal. How that all got going I don't know but I deleted the external BeyondPod folder, moved the one from the internal memory to external, and it's all good now.

As it turns out I don't need to do a factory reset. But I'm glad to have gone through this process because it made me learn more about BeyondPod.

It's a great app and I really appreciate the support as well. Thank you.