Thread: continuous play

continuous play

Hi all,

I am a long time user of beyond pod, and a happy one too!

There is however a problem I encountered:

Prevously I could pause any audio track and just continue at a later time with listening. However after an update (some time ago, I am at 2.9.15 now) it seems the track always starts at the beginning now. I cannot seem to find a setting that lets me remember the time where it was before.

Can someone help me?

BeyondPod Team
    I believe the latest released version is 2.9.17 (I'm running a beta test version), so it's probably worth updating to that.

I may be wrong, but I think what you're seeing is a function of the player you're using (normally the standard Android music player, unless you've changed your default), rather than of BeyondPod itself.

I've certainly never had any issue with 2.9.15, 2.9.17 or the Beta versions resuming where they left off, so I don't think it's purely your BeyondPod version.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    Which version of Android?

Quote Originally Posted by painer View Post
    Hi all,

I am a long time user of beyond pod, and a happy one too!

There is however a problem I encountered:

Prevously I could pause any audio track and just continue at a later time with listening. However after an update (some time ago, I am at 2.9.15 now) it seems the track always starts at the beginning now. I cannot seem to find a setting that lets me remember the time where it was before.

Can someone help me?

android 2.2

on HTC legend

BeyondPod Team
    There is a bug that exists in the player on that device (BeyondPod does not have a player, by default we use the Android player). Previously we provided a workaround in the product but this caused issues with newer versions.

But you can still use this workaround-

- Open BeyondPod and then navigate to the Advanced settings ( Menu > More > About BeyondPod > long press version number > Advanced settings

- Once in the advanced settings screen check "Hide unsupported Media"

- Then tap on "Supported File Types". Append ",blipstart" after the last extension (so it should look like ...,png,bmp,blipstart) and press OK.

Quote Originally Posted by painer View Post
    android 2.2

Great!

Problem solved, thank you.