Thread: How to reset storage to internal memory?

How to reset storage to internal memory?

Hi, and thanks for developing this great app, use it every day! Well, until today......

My memory card is currently non-functional (hardware fault) and BeyondPod just displays the big red message saying that the storage card is inaccessible. I have now removed the card as it's currently useless and I get a similar message saying that the card is currently unmounted or in use by the system. I am not therefore able to enter the app settings to re-locate my podcasts to the internal memory, where they have now been copied.

I have tried clearing the app's data from the Android application settings, and I've uninstalled & reinstalled the app. Same red error message.

Please could you tell me how I can reset BeyondPod's settings to use the internal memory without having to enter the app settings?

Thanks
    Gord

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    The only other things I can think of to try are

1. Clear the cache in the App Manager
    2. Put any other microSD card in your phone (if you have or can borrow one for a couple of minutes).

BP will then access or create a BeyondPod folder on it, and you can get into BeyondPod to delete the path and un-set the "Lock to Current Path" Advanced setting (Menu | More ... | Settings | Menu* | Advanced Settings)

* Press Menu again

HTH
    Julie

Hi Julie, and thanks for your prompt response.

Unfortunately it's the card slot itself that's faulty, so no other microSD card works either.

I've already cleared the cache in the App Manager, but the same message is displayed.

Is there any way to reset BeyondPod to default settings without running the app, or to edit the settings directly in its installation folder? I've seen mention of a settings.xml file that I'd be comfortable editing, but I don't know its location in the phone (Samsung Galaxy Note).

The problem I have right now is that BeyondPod reports the fault without giving me any options at all except to exit the app, so I can't change any settings from the menu.

Aha, it's fixed!

For some reason removing a microSD card completely prevented it from accessing the internal mass storage too, so just putting in a card (albeit unreadable itself) allowed BeyondPod access to the internal mass storage.

Thanks once again for the very prompt reply!

Kind regards
    Gord

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Don't you just LOVE computers? Glad it's all sorted - but you've raised a good point for future reference.