Thread: change default player

change default player

I had changed the default video play and clicked on dont ask again but I want to change it. how do I get it to ask me again??

thanks

scott

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    In your System Settings | Application settings/manager, select the external player you've picked, and choose Clear defaults under Launch by default (or your manufacturer's equivalent heading).

System Settings?? ok , now where is that, I looked in my android settings and beyond pod for system setting and application settings and couldnt find it. Im running android 4.1

In your android settings, pick Apps, tap your player, and you'll see a section labelled "LAUNCH BY DEFAULT", tap the "Clear defaults" button there. This clears the association and you will be asked to pick a player next time you need one.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by flutos View Post
    System Settings?? ok , now where is that, I looked in my android settings and beyond pod for system setting and application settings and couldnt find it. Im running android 4.1
    It will vary somewhat from device to device, and even based on what launcher you're using.

On my SGSIII with Nova Launcher, it's Menu | System Settings | Application Manager.
    On my Nexus S with stock launcher on Android 4.1.2, it's Menu | System Settings | Apps.

Then, in both cases, scroll until you find the external player that you're currently using, select it, scroll down again, and under Launch by Default, press the Clear Defaults button.

(This is the standard way to "unset" any application from being the default, e.g. default browser, etc.)

Julie

ah ya, I found problem. I was player that I picked originally as the default but I coundnt find it but it was actually google gallery that was holding onto the default(maybe thats also player??) and once I cleared that it worked. Go figure.