Thread: BeyondPod does not respect podcasts marked read when downloading episodes

BeyondPod does not respect podcasts marked read when downloading episodes

Hello everyone,

Just a little observation, but maybe a feature request? I noticed that when I manually mark podcasts that have not been downloaded as read, BeyondPod WILL download these podcasts. I imported a new feed and because I have heard some of these I marked the first 10-12 as read. When I update the feed, the podcasts marked and read WERE downloaded. Maybe this is how BeyondPod is suppose to work, but it seems like if you mark it as read, then you really don't want to download the episode. If you do want to download them, well you can always click on the download button, but the read button kind of implies that you don't want to download the episode.

Am I taking crazy pills?

Thanks
    -S

Quote Originally Posted by nzdreamer55 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Just a little observation, but maybe a feature request? I noticed that when I manually mark podcasts that have not been downloaded as read, BeyondPod WILL download these podcasts. I imported a new feed and because I have heard some of these I marked the first 10-12 as read. When I update the feed, the podcasts marked and read WERE downloaded. Maybe this is how BeyondPod is suppose to work, but it seems like if you mark it as read, then you really don't want to download the episode. If you do want to download them, well you can always click on the download button, but the read button kind of implies that you don't want to download the episode.
    Am I taking crazy pills?
    Thanks
    -S
    You are not crazy!
    See What is the difference between "Read" post and "Downloaded" or "Played" episode?
    Hope that helps,
    John
    [Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.1 on T-Mobile USA]

BeyondPod Team
    Can you check if "Set Downloaded on Read" in Settings > Feed Content Settings was accidentally unchecked. BeyondPod by default is set to do exactly what you suggest - marking a post as read will also mark the episode as downloaded. If that setting is checked, you should be able to see the result immediately - tapping on the blue "read" button should switch the download button label from "Download" to "Re-Download".