Thread: Consider large buttons (play, ff...)

Consider large buttons (play, ff...)

I am using BP on Nexus 7 (and Nexus S) and, especially in the tablet, I would love the option to see large button, almost a "car mode" layout. In fact I use my Nexus 7 tablet in the car (Bluetooth) and larger buttons would make the experience so much better.
    Thank you,
    Max

Sounds like you want the phone version's Player screen, or something even bigger than that.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    You can, if you prefer, run the phone version on your tablet. I ran it on my Nexus 7 for quite some time, with no problems.
    Just don't try to run both the tablet and the phone version on the same device at once, as you'll get in a pickle!

Julie

A great implementation of this that I've seen is MortPlayer's. While quite deficient in many areas (esp podcast management) they implemented a nice player interface with many options:

- landscape view
    - portrait view
    - lock screen view

Each of these can be manipulated to some good layouts such as a car view with huge buttons and small image.
    The lockscreen view is also excellent in that theres an option to hide main details behind a slider but permit a tap on the main image to pause/restart playing ... preventing annoying pocket-actions that would lose your place.

Such a customized UI would be awesome for BeyondPod, forever dropping MortPlayer from my app-library (assuming the other feature for play-action history makes it)