Thread: Add RSS feed form browser

Add RSS feed from browser

Hi,

Love the app! Have it for my phone and tablet, would love to be able to add a feed directly from my PC/Laptop.

Thanks
    Last edited by Hewlett; 10-14-2012 at 04:46 PM.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    How would you envisage this working, bearing in mind that BeyondPod has no web/server side component?

There are a number of ways that you could achieve this already, one of which would be to email the link to yourself. If you open it on your phone, BeyondPod should be offered as an appropriate application with which to open the feed link. Another is to subscribe to the feed in Google Reader, and synch BeyondPod with your Reader feed.

Julie

Wow.

Wasn't expecting an answer like that. I already email the link to myself. Was just suggesting an easier way. I've no idea how to setup something like this, maybe some like chrome to phone.

Won't bother making any more suggestions I guess

BeyondPod Team
    Feel free to make suggestions - but some things are more achievable than others ;-).

you can also use chrome to phone or firefox to phone
    Nexus 4| The L Preview | BP evo

So cross device sync is possible but not this. You all suck.

BeyondPod Team
    To add a feed from a PC, the PC has to push it to the phone. Since BP is an Android app, it has no component to be able to initiate this.

It will certainly offer to add a feed for an RSS link it receives (e.g. when you click on an RSS link on the phone).

With the imminent demise of Google Reader, alternative back ends are being investigated, and one of the criteria is being able to manage podcast subscriptions from a browser (and therefore a PC). If no appropriate 3rd party service will do what we need it to do, then one option is to write a web app which will interface with the sync service to allow podcasts to be managed that way.

HTH
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Hewlett View Post
    So cross device sync is possible but not this. You all suck.
    you can use chrome to phone or firefox to phone to send the feed to your phone and android will offer beyondpod as an option.
    Nexus 4| The L Preview | BP evo