Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Discussion

BeyondPod Team
    Thanks for the suggestions. Switching to the new forum was long overdue - big thanks to Tim who did all of the hard work of setting it up.

We initially were planning to switch to the new forum in a couple of weeks (once we had chance to test all intricate configurations) but later decided to take the plunge and use it to start the 3.0 Beta. Please bear with us over the next week or so until we iron all the details.

As far as forum names "Getting Started" indeed makes much more sense so we will rename it shortly. We decided to keep the first couple of 3.0 betas in a separate forum until it stabilizes at which point it will go thru the normal announcements channel (forum).

FYI - Old Google Groups Forum will be closed for new posts later this week, so make sure to update your shortcuts to the new forum.
    Last edited by StefanK; 03-05-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Any plans for Tapatalk support?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by appel View Post
    +1 here too

Thumbs up Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by appel View Post
    I don't use Tapatalk -- mobile version of the site works fine for me -- so please don't configure the site so we always get that damn Tapatalk popup when the site is accessed from mobile devices -- that would seriously discourage me from using or recommending the forums. Thank you.
    Last edited by JNavas; 03-06-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Hope that helps,
    John
    [Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.1 on T-Mobile USA]

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Thankfully the popup (which I totally agree is horribly annoying) isn't obligatory.

Actually, I don't currently use Tapatalk, but I'm getting frustrated enough with weirdness when editing posts on my phone that I'm starting to think I should give it a try.

Julie

can i get an rss feed of all posts like i did in google groups?

BeyondPod Team
    On the forum's home page, next to each forum there is an orange rss icon (in the middle column) that will give you an rss feed for the threads. It currently gives only the root thread, but not each new post. (We are trying to find a way how to configure the back-end to to include the new posts too)

By the way, I figured out what the problem (ongoing) seems to be. If I go to http://beyondpod.com/forum, I'm not logged in, but if I go to www.beyondpod.com/forum/forum.php, I am.

Question Tapatalk Support for Forums Please! Also, Polls?

Its rather funny, but since I've been using my tablet, I don't get on my laptop much anymore. Because of this, I forget to open up these forums on my tablet.

I use Tapatalk on my website, www.soulhamsters.com , and use it for XDA Developers, Rootz Wiki, and a few other forums. Can you please add the Tapatalk support mod to your forums?

It is free, and easy to install, and I know I prefer using that to any mobile version of any forums I'm a member on.

Also, I was going to run a poll for this thread to see who's interested, but we don't have that option. Can we possibly also get the option to post polls?

Thanks again for the great work, hope I can donate or actually buy the key soon.

Thumbs up That damn Tapatalk popup!

Quote Originally Posted by RED ZMAN View Post
    Its rather funny, but since I've been using my tablet, I don't get on my laptop much anymore. Because of this, I forget to open up these forums on my tablet.
    I use Tapatalk on my website, www.soulhamsters.com , and use it for XDA Developers, Rootz Wiki, and a few other forums. Can you please add the Tapatalk support mod to your forums?
    It is free, and easy to install, and I know I prefer using that to any mobile version of any forums I'm a member on.
    I don't use not free Tapatalk -- mobile version of the site works fine for me -- so please don't configure the site so we always get that damn Tapatalk popup when the site is accessed from mobile devices -- that would seriously discourage me from using or recommending the forums. Thank you.

p.s. This is already being discussed in another thread, so no need to start a new one.
    Last edited by JNavas; 03-13-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    Hope that helps,
    John
    [Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.1 on T-Mobile USA]