Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Discussion

My vote would go for Tapatalk support also.

Doesn't really matter what you use, many of us are willing to pay for good apps, and Tapatalk is one of them that many of us have paid for.

I don't think I said it was free anywhere.

I'm not sure why you quoted my post, it looks like you are telling me to not configure the site that way. I'm not running this forum, so that's not up to me.

The MOD to the forums, the PLUGIN, is free.

Yes, there was need for a thread on it, as the previous topic was not about it. That would be OFF TOPIC in that thread. I should know, I, you know, started that thread...

Please don't start your same games here you did in the old support site.

Got a specific thread up for Tapatalk here.

http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...se!-Also-Polls

Feel free to go post your support for it there.

i have a question does anybody know how to make my feed stop saying error 404 so i can actually download my podcasts

Quote Originally Posted by duke850 View Post
    i have a question does anybody know how to make my feed stop saying error 404 so i can actually download my podcasts
    what's the feed? can you access in a web browser?

I'd prefer email integration; I'm already used to reading all messages in one app, so I'd rather not have today learn another. Note that email is an open standard - much better than a proprietary standard.

Short of that, tapatalk sounds like a good idea. Is there any work on an open standard for forums and readers?

I must say I hate the text editor in the stock Android 2.3.3 browser, which is what I'm using now.
    Last edited by stephe; 03-15-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Exclamation More info needed!

Quote Originally Posted by duke850 View Post
    We need the URL to be able to help you.
    Hope that helps,
    John
    [Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.1 on T-Mobile USA]

Cool No call for hostility

Quote Originally Posted by RED ZMAN View Post
    Doesn't really matter what you use, many of us are willing to pay for good apps, and Tapatalk is one of them that many of us have paid for.
    I don't think I said it was free anywhere.
    I'm not sure why you quoted my post, it looks like you are telling me to not configure the site that way. I'm not running this forum, so that's not up to me.
    The MOD to the forums, the PLUGIN, is free.
    Yes, there was need for a thread on it, as the previous topic was not about it. That would be OFF TOPIC in that thread. I should know, I, you know, started that thread...
    Please don't start your same games here you did in the old support site.
    Are you trying to pick a fight with me, or just having a bad morning? Take a deep breath, and read more carefully. I did not accuse you of anything. I merely noted that the Tapatalk client is not free, that the constant popup is very annoying, and that I wouldn't want this site to be configured that way. (Do you not care about anyone else?) In addition, as someone else has noted, Tapatalk is proprietary, and it would be better to have an open or standards-based solution.

Quote Originally Posted by stephe View Post
    I must say I hate the text editor in the stock Android 2.3.3 browser, which is what I'm using now.
    Try other browsers; e.g., Opera Mobile.
    Hope that helps,
    John
    [Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.1 on T-Mobile USA]

That's fine, your comments are noted.

I'm not picking a fight, I just don't want more valid threads taken off topic because of your attitude, just like you would do in the old support forums every time someone asked a question and had Cyanogenmod or some other non official Android version installed.

I again never said that Tapatalk is free, so I don't see what that matters. I also commented that I too wouldn't want the popup, and that is an OPTION when you install the plugin. My site has the Tapatalk plugin, and we have no popup.

The rest, I don't understand. Stefank installing a FREE plugin so members testing the betas can post their feedback with an app they paid for has what to do with an open or standards based solution?

An open or standards based solution to what?

This is what I'm talking about John. I simply posted my request for 2 things.

1. Tapatalk to be enabled on the site through the use of the FREE plugin so those of us that have paid for Tapatalk and use it on dozens of forums, can use it here. It takes about a minute to install, and won't affect anyone that isn't using Tapatalk.

2. The enabling of polls so we can run polls for our ideas and requests.

If the mobile version works fine for you, then great! Use it. That has nothing to do with my requests here. A standards or open based solution, has nothing to do with either of these requests either.

I'm completely calm, in a good mood, am not having a bad evening (where did morning come from? I posted at night...).

Anyways, since I'm sure you have a novel to write in response to this, that has nothing to do with the topic, go for it. Hopefully Stefank will see this and reply.

StefanK, when you do see this, check out the other thread too..

http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...ms-!-!-Awesome!

Others have also shown their support and desire for this to be added to the forum.

Re open standard:

Email is an open standard protocol. So if the firum supports posting and reading via email, users can use any email app to access the forum.Tapatalk is a closed protocol; users must use the tapatalk app.

If I happen to like the tapatalk app, I'm fine. If not, I'm stuck - I can't write my own.

Open standards promote innovation. beyondpod is a perfect example, built on the RSS open standard.