Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Forum Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Lets get this thread back on a positive track and refrain from the personal remarks and bickering.
    Going forward posts that do not constructively contribute to the community will be removed without comment.
    That was rude and inappropriate. Policing of the forum should be done before things get out of hand (as I requested), privately to the offending party or parties. Removal of posts without notice or explanation is a good way to lose me as a contributor, customer, and supporter.
    Last edited by JNavas; 03-25-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Hope that helps,
    John
    [Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.1 on T-Mobile USA]

Moving my post and leaving your own post was also rude.
    You risk losing me as a contributor, customer, and supporter.
    Hope that helps,
    John

Remove/fix the feature that logs out a user after a predifined time.

I must have re-written a LONG thread 3 times or so: yes, the blog is supposed to have the auto-save feature ON but it just doesn't save the last few lines, besides once logged out the system wouldn't properly log you back in - after resubmitting the login info I was simply presented a blank page, therefore I had to close the page and re log in a new session. That was quite annoying!!

We need a specific subforum for issues/questions/requests ABOUT the forum. Putting it all in one thread like this is just confusing as hell.

This started off as a "YAY! New Full Fledged Forums!" thread, and now it has about 5 different threads combined into it, with no actual answers to requests.
    Owner - http://www.soulhamsters.com - Your home for R&D, parts specials, and community fun with fellow Kia Soul owners.
    Look me up on Xbox Live - TEH RED ZMAN

BeyondPod Team
    Thank you for the suggestion. We may add non-BeyondPod discussion forums in the future but for now we would like to keep the focus on the product.

That said we read every post including feature requests for the forum and implement what we think makes sense for us.

I dislike the forum. All fora, in fact. I don't want ANOTHER list of contacts or ANOTHER calendar. I don't want to have to go hunt messages down, add a bookmark on all four systems I use daily, I want them in my mailbox, so I can read them at my leisure when I might be offline (WiFi-only tablet). Yes, I can subscribe to threads, but I apparently can't automatically subscribe to new threads, and when I do get a message, it's got more header verbiage than there is message, and it tells me that I won't get another message from this thread until I visit the forum again (not sure that's true, but...).

What's the point of subscribing for just one message?!?!?

Also, why doesn't a forum about an RSS reader have the RSS feed enabled??? it's described in the FAQ, fer cryin' out loud...

*sigh*

One more thing I don't like about this forum: it apparently keeps "unread" status in a cookie in my browser.

I read this from three different desktops and my tablet. So, I don't get accurate unseen status when I switch devices. Unread status should be a property of my account, not the browser.

*sigh* *again*

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I can't help you with the "unread" status issue, but were you aware of the RSS feed, re your previous post? See this thread.

Julie

Yea, I didn't expect to get the forum architecture changed, but thanks for the RSS feed! It should be featured more prominently somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Rockwell View Post
    One more thing I don't like about this forum: it apparently keeps "unread" status in a cookie in my browser.
    I read this from three different desktops and my tablet. So, I don't get accurate unseen status when I switch devices. Unread status should be a property of my account, not the browser.
    *sigh* *again*
    Indeed, there are many things not to like about this forum software, as I expressed shortly after it was rolled out, but it seems (like the BP 3 UI) that we're stuck with it.
    Hope that helps,
    John