Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: Forum Discussion

  1. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2
    Hi

    I've just registered, and trying to add my first question.
    I posted a thread, but don't see it anywhere: neither on forum page, nor in my profile.
    Posting it for a second time, I see this message: This thread is a duplicate of a thread that you have posted in the last five minutes. You will be redirected to the thread listings.

    Is it some kind of pre-moderation?

  2. #52
    Not sure how all the moderation stuff works but I think that if you have included an image in your post then that post will require moderator approval. I think, not 100% sure

  3. #53
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Posts
    4,169
    Any post from a new member that includes any link will require approval.

    (An added complication is that posts requiring approval differ from other posts only in that their post number says moderated, which is easy to miss. Moderators don't get a notification message about posts awaiting moderation except by searching in the forum, so it's easy to miss them.)
    Last edited by juwlz; 09-10-2013 at 01:02 PM.

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Any post from a new member that includes any link will require approval.

    (An added complication is that posts requiring approval differ from other posts only in that their post number says moderated, which is easy to miss. Moderators don't get a notification message about posts awaiting moderation except by searching in the forum, so it's easy to miss them.)
    Then you seriously need better forum software, as I said back at the beginning.
    Hope that helps,
    John
    [Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.1 on T-Mobile USA]

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    861
    The forum is now lagging way behind in noticing that I've seen an entry. It used to take down the unread flag pretty much immediately.

    *sigh*

    Dennis

  6. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6

    Tapatalk Integration

    Any chance you can install the Tapatalk plugin to the forum? Just an idea. Thanks!

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinparis View Post
    Any chance you can install the Tapatalk plugin to the forum? Just an idea. Thanks!
    Seconded. Great idea to have this, I think I've asked for it before

  8. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    This would be great.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartajc View Post
    Seconded. Great idea to have this, I think I've asked for it before

    Strong vote NO!
    It's a huge irritation to have to dismiss app spam in every visit.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by JNavas View Post
    Strong vote NO!
    It's a huge irritation to have to dismiss app spam in every visit.
    Care to explain?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •