Thread: BeyondPod is streaming instead of downloading!

BeyondPod is streaming instead of downloading!

This worked while ago but now some of my podcasts do have this green ((stream)) logo and are not downloaded automatically any more. I already deleted everything, setup BeyondPod from scratch - no help. What works is manually click on Download - but it is configured to do this automatically.

This is a video feed and it is called "Lesch Kosmos" from ZDF. ... but it happens with other feeds as well.

thx

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Assuming that you have the paid version of BeyondPod (otherwise you always have to download manually, see http://www.beyondpod.com/Android/hel...roVersions.htm), it may be that the feed publisher has changed the way things work.

Could you please post the URL of the feed(s) that are causing problems.

Note that you can control under what circumstances BeyondPod is allowed to stream (Always / Wifi only / Never) in the Player Settings (Menu | More... | Settings | Player Settings) to prevent it using your cellular data if you don't want it to.

Julie

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/podca...0?view=podcast

All checkboxes in Feed Update settings are unchecked. I am using Wifi only and perform updates only on request.

Thx

I see ... In player settings I have "Allow Streaming" set to "Always". But does this really affect how the feed is updated? I'll disable it an try again ...

I also delete the feed, again deleted the BeyondPod folder, and re-added the feed. Now it downloaded the episodes.
    Maybe it really was the "Allow Streaming" in the player settings ... although in my opinion this has nothing to do with the feed update setting.

Well ... thx for the tip - I will keep watching this issue and see if it happens again.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by tombert View Post
    I see ... In player settings I have "Allow Streaming" set to "Always". But does this really affect how the feed is updated? I'll disable it an try again ...
    No, that setting should ALLOW streaming, not force it. The setting for whether to download or stream is in settings for each individual feed (Download Newest Episodes / Manually Download Episodes / Stream Newest Episodes / Download Episodes in order / Stream Episodes in order / Ignore all episodes). The default setting for new feeds is in the Feed Defaults (Menu | More... | Settings | Feed Defaults | Podcast Episodes). In most cases, you'll want both that and the setting in each individual feed to be set to Download Newest Episodes.

Is it possible that you've inadvertantly changed the setting in the affected feeds?A

Another possibility is that you've always been streaming those feeds, but have only noticed it since the streaming symbol was made more prominent in the latest market release.

Julie

No - all my feeds are set to "Download newest", 3 Episodes, keep 30 Days.

I think I can reproduce it. I downloaded some episodes and then manually deleted the BeyondPod folder on the SD Card. Then the green ((stream)) symbol on each episode is shown while it still assumes that the episode is downloaded (the Trash icon button is available).

Maybe it happened while my SD Card was not available some time (because of USB connection etc...) and BeyondPod was running - I assume it got confused. I then refreshed with "Update all" (From the main screen, the button in bottom of the screen) but ByondPod did not "recover" from this failure ...
    Well ... thats a theory only ...

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Another possibility is that you've always been streaming those feeds, but have only noticed it since the streaming symbol was made more prominent in the latest market release.
    Julie
    And this is not possible since I do not have 3G Data on my SIM.