Thread: Filter and/or sort search results when adding feeds

Filter and/or sort search results when adding feeds

When I use the "Add Feed" function, and then use either a search term ("Orphan Black", for instance) or if I browse the categories - I would like to filter out the resulting list of podcasts that haven't had a new episode since [some date criteria]. Or - better yet - sort the search results by last episode date - from most recent to least recent. Or both!

Thank you.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Filtering out "dead" feeds and particularly sorting by date of most recent episode (since you have to find ALL of them first, and then sort, and then return the result) requires quite a lot of processing effort, so although it's open for consideration, it's not as trivial as it might seem, and may result in very slow results of any kind.

Julie

It may be slow, but its better/faster than subscribing and then finding them dead!

I find this makes the search almost useless.

Its only any use when I already know the feed I want but can't be bothered to type it in.

Otherwise I end up subscribing to loads, waiting for them do download, then deleting dead ones... often ending up downloading and deleting some of the same ones time after time!

My time is valuable - my tablet's isnt

I'd propose an open standard for classifying podcasts - based on frequency of update, time since last update, and average time between episodes...

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Filtering out "dead" feeds and particularly sorting by date of most recent episode (since you have to find ALL of them first, and then sort, and then return the result) requires quite a lot of processing effort, so although it's open for consideration, it's not as trivial as it might seem, and may result in very slow results of any kind.

Julie