Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Create Account

Question Can't Create Account

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create my BeyondPod account for syncing, but I'm getting this message -

Unable to connect to BeyondPod servers! Try again later
    Any ideas?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hmm. There does appear to be a problem with the server atm.

BeyondPod Team
    There is some kind of an issue in the hosting facility that hosts our alpha server. I am trying to figure out what is going on and will post when the servers are back up (hopefully later today).

Stefan

Sounds good. Thanks.

BeyondPod Team
    The servers are back up.

Thanks.

So for me to check, I manually set up the same feeds and SmartPlay list on both devices now?

BeyondPod Team
    Any feed that exists on both devices will be synced.

If you want to sync every feed you have, the easiest way to do it will be to do a backup on whichever you consider to be your main device (Menu -> More... -> Settings -> Backup and Restore), share it (via email, dropbox, google drive or whatever), and restore it on the other device. However, in the interests of better testing, it might be more useful to Export your Feeds (Menu -> More... -> Settings -> Import and Export Feeds) to OPML and import them on the other device.

You don't have to use the same SmartPlay list or any other settings on both devices, or listen to things in the same order. In fact, for testing purposes, the more differences you have between devices, the better, so that we can catch any possible remaining glitches relating to those.

The sync works by keeping track of how much you've listened to of which episodes and "informing" the other device(s) via the server of your listening progress, so that whatever listening pattern and SmartPlay rules you have on the other device(s) takes that information into account.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    You'll find more details here

Okay, I've updated feeds on my N7, listened to some podcasts on my S3, go back to my N7 15 minutes later and press play... it asks me to setup a playlist?

BeyondPod Team
    See the link in my post above. Your N7 knows (or should know) what's been played or partly played on your S3, but still behaves independently.

Your N7 will generate and update its own SmartPlay list, using the synced information to supplement the information about what should go in there (or more to the point, what shouldn't).

If both have exactly the same feeds, and both have exactly the same SmartPlay rules, and you weren't in the middle of playing something on the N7 that you haven't listened to on the S3, and you don't have your playlist set to Keep Current Episode, then your N7 should generate an identical SmartPlay list, knowing what's been played and part-played, and therefore pick up where your S3 left off.

However, it sounds as though you don't (yet) have a SmaryPlay list on the N7, so it doesn't know what you want to play (it only knows what you HAVE played).

If you still think it's not behaving as expected, please post (or email with a link to this thread) the relevant portion of the SyncLog and information about what you last listened to on the N7 and what you'd listened to on the S3, plus details of your SmartPlay rules, so that we can investigate.

Thanks
    Julie
    Last edited by juwlz; 01-20-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Extra information added