Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How does Last.fm sync work with Beyondpod?

NB: as a final note to this, it appears that you need to have both Scrobble Droid AND the Last.fm scrobbler installed for scrobbling to work.

Actually, now it's not working again - but I don't think it's BeyondPod's fault. The Last.fm app gets the episode details, but then doesn't scrobble it.

ARGH.

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    I don't use any of those services or apps (apart from BeyondPod), but essie nail polish does have a Advanced setting that enables it to Scrobble Episodes if you have Scrobble Droid installed p90x workout schedule - as you do. You'll find it via Menu | More ... | Settings | Menu (again) | Advanced settings.

Julie
    That helps a lot. Thanks Julie
    Last edited by Iuka; 10-29-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Last.fm scrobbling seems to have disappeared again from Beyondpod v. 3.2.55. Any idea where it went?

BeyondPod Team
    In the previous versions we used a workaround ("hack") to publish album/artist information that worked on many devices. This workaround is still available but it is now turned OFF by default (as it caused Bluetooth audio problems on some device/car stereo combinations).

You can enable it in: Menu > More > Settings > Menu (press the Menu key again) > Advanced Settings and check "Publish Current Episode".

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    In the previous versions we used a workaround ("hack") to publish album/artist information that worked on many devices. This workaround is still available but it is now turned OFF by default (as it caused Bluetooth audio problems on some device/car stereo combinations).

You can enable it in: Menu > More > Settings > Menu (press the Menu key again) > Advanced Settings and check "Publish Current Episode".

Stefan
    Sadly, I tried this and didn't work for me

Hello everyone, unfortunately, I am also having the same issue after the last update... i've even uninstalled and reinstalled all scrobblers to no avail... =/

BeyondPod Team
    Not sure what else may have changed - I personally don't use last.fm, but as far as I understand the "official" Last.fm app was using the same events Google music is sending "com.android.music.metachanged" and "com.android.music.playstatechanged" to track the playback progress. We send those events when "Publish Current Episode" is checked.

In the previous version we were also sending the old "net.jjc1138.android.scrobbler.action.MUSIC_STATUS " event used by ScrobbleDroid but it has not been supported for a while now so we don't send it any longer.

What scrobblers do you use? We can try playing a bit with them to see if we can get one of them to work again.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    What scrobblers do you use? We can try playing a bit with them to see if we can get one of them to work again.

Stefan
    In my case, I'm using the official Last.fm app to scrobble the tracks I'm listening. FYI, apps like PowerAmp or PocketCast works fine with Last.fm app, e.g..

Thanks in advance.

BeyondPod Team
    I think were able to find the issue with scribbling. We had removed the (old) "Scrobbledroid" method and relied on the "Android Music" method only. This worked with "Simple Last.fm Scrobbler" app, but for some reason not with the official Last.fm app, which still needed the "Scrobbledroid" method for some reason.

We just released a new beta 3.x.62 (available on our BETA page) that returned the "Scrobledroid" method so the official last.fm app should be working now too. If you have a chance, can you give it a try?

If you have 3.x.62 and "Publish Current Episode" is enabled in Menu > More > Settings > Menu (press the Menu key again) > Advanced Settings scrobbling should now work.

Stefan