Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How does Last.fm sync work with Beyondpod?

Hi Stefan,

I'm glad to inform you that now works well with the official Last.fm app.

Thanks for the quick fix

Best.

Awesome... i've just downloaded the beta... i'll give it a good try... thank you for the swift response... =)

EDIT: a couple of days and mane happy scrobbles later, I can confirm the beta solved the issue... so once again, awesome!... THANK YOU! =)
    Last edited by jgutierrezc; 01-12-2014 at 08:16 AM. Reason: update

Hello there,

I'm evaluating BP for permanent use and was pleased to see that it supports scrobbling. However, for me, it doesn't work with the 3.3.68 version.

I noticed the following: When I start a track, the lastfm app notices it (displays the message in the notifications area) (not always? I'm not sure..). After it has run through, playing the next track, there is no notification whatsoever anymore. (No idea what happened internally to let the scrobbler react in that way.) The track which was seen in the notification wasn't scrobbled.
    Also, I'm wondering if the "start track" event is the same for the cases where 1) I tap on a track and 2) a track is started because it's next in queue. Yesterday, when I started a track by tapping which was previously played half-ways, the scrobbler got activated but showed the track title which was last played by another media player.

Sorry to hear that appearently the scrobbling is kind of tricky/complicated, but I'd be delighted if you could investigate and help me out.
    Last edited by seb; 06-17-2014 at 07:01 AM. Reason: forgot about the case when scrobbler isn't kicked

BeyondPod Team
    Seb,

Have you tried is enabling " "Publish Current Episode"" in Menu > More > Settings > Menu (press the Menu key again) > Advanced Settings?
    If it does not work then the issue may be that something has changed in the Last.fm application. You can try (as a test) some of the other scribbling apps to see if they work better (still with the setting above enabled).

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

yes, I forgot to mention that the publishing option was set in my configuration.

Appearently the problem comes in combination with the official scrobbler. I installed "simple scrobbler" (which I had in use once and which I like) and scrobbling works flawlessly
    Since I don't use the premium lastfm features, I can live well without the official app but of course it's still a bit sad that it isn't working.

I think the lastfm app hasn't changed recently (which also means it's not that well supported) so I can't say if you should make an effort to work around fix it.

Sebi

Hi everyone
    I have recently switched to android after years of iphone. I used to be a heavy user of ipod app/itunes/smartplaylist and I'm trying to replicate the same environment in android which is not straightforward.
    For podcast my fav app is beyondpod and I've installed simple last.fm as scrobble app to have the playcount updated from the smartphone to mac itunes through iSyncr. It works but not always and I don't understand why sometime it updates the skipcount but not the playcount. So I have a few questions:
    1) I have understood that in order to have the playcount updated, I have to play x% of the podcast but what happens if I don't play it one shot, if I interrupt it and then continue to listen to it (maybe after listening another podcast)?
    2) when is the skipcount updated?
    3) what about video? is it possible to use the simple last.fm for updating video playcount too? is there any video player to be used to this aim?
    thank you

Anyone having the problem that simple last.fm scrobbler picks up 'Now Playing' but nothing is scrobbled?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Does it make any difference which feed you're playing?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Do you have "Publish Current Episode" ticked in the Advanced settings?

I have been having this problem. I've been successfully scrobbling with Simple Last.FM Scrobbler for a year (and with Podcast Addict before that.) On June 28, that stopped. I do still have "Publish Current Episode" ticked. I still get the "Now Playing" notifications but no actually scrobbles so it does seem like a real problem is occurring. What complicates it is that yesterday I got a group of 4 scrobbles that did go through, and now it is back to correctly sending "Now Playing" while not scrobbling anything.

I am not aware of any particular changes in this time frame that would affect this on either Jun 28 or yesterday. The Scrobbler hasn't changed in a long time. I have "Scrobble Droid Apps" and "Android Music Player" as enabled apps in the scrobbler.

BeyondPod: 4.1.41
    Simple Last.FM Scrobbler: 1.48
    LG G2, Android 5.0.2